Running 16 bit app as icon in Windows 95 systray

Gentlemen,

I have a need to run a 16 bit app ( the microsoft SMS remote control
client ) in the Windows 95 systray. I have seen references to doing
this and even tried to put together the app in 'Lloyds delphi help
file' but with no success. My experience is simply not up to the job.

Does anyone have an example of the use of the code in the above help
file, or some pointers on how to recreate the sample app. I create all
the .PAS, .DFM etc files but get strange syntax errors when I try to
compile. If I could do that then customising it for my purposes would
be OK.

All help gratefully accepted.

Angus.
Angus.Macdon...@gwynh-tr.wales.nhs.uk
*     All of the above is the product of a deformed intellect.     *
*     Angus Macdonald    angus.macdon...@gwynh-tr.wales.nhs.uk     *

Re:Running 16 bit app as icon in Windows 95 systray

May be the problem is the part of the 16 bit app!

To work with 32 bit API from 16 bit APP you need thunking!

I didnt start from "LDelphi" helpfile but I made a little tray
app in Delphi (32 bit) 2.0 (to warn people when they get new mail)
and had no problems.

I think the API you need to use for that is 32 bit but I'm not sure.
You can check that in MSDN (Microsoft Developers Network).
It seems that MSDN is now also available at Microsoft internet
site (www.microsoft.com).
--
Paulo Gaspar

Angus Macdonald <angus.macdon...@gwynh-tr.wales.nhs.uk> wrote in article