Walking throuh a maze

Hi,

Does anyone have a SIMPLE Pascal/C++ source (No asm please) which shows
my how to wolk throuh a 3D maze (like Wolf3D, I've got the source but
it's to complex) I'm able to rotate an 3D object and fill it with a
texture, so I've got a nice polygon rotating on my screen and what now?

Could anyone help?

Thanks for your time,

Martyn
<mailto:h.vangi...@hsbos.nl>

Re:Walking throuh a maze

i dont remeber where but you can try looking...
there was a qbasic and a pascal version of something called
"raycaster" which did this... it created a 3d maze of solid
hallways... (solid := no surface textures or doors or people;)

Martyn van Gilst <h.vangi...@hsbos.nl> wrote in article
<34437DF3.A52D4...@hsbos.nl>...
: Hi,
:
: Does anyone have a SIMPLE Pascal/C++ source (No asm please) which
shows
: my how to wolk throuh a 3D maze (like Wolf3D, I've got the source
but
: it's to complex) I'm able to rotate an 3D object and fill it with a
: texture, so I've got a nice polygon rotating on my screen and what
now?
:
: Could anyone help?
:
: Thanks for your time,
:
: Martyn
: <mailto:h.vangi...@hsbos.nl>
:
:

Re:Walking throuh a maze

>Does anyone have a SIMPLE Pascal/C++ source (No asm please) which shows
>my how to wolk throuh a 3D maze (like Wolf3D, I've got the source but
>it's to complex) I'm able to rotate an 3D object and fill it with a
>texture, so I've got a nice polygon rotating on my screen and what now?
>Could anyone help?

The thing is, Wolf 3D isn't a 3-D game.  It makes it's environment
up with something called ray-casting.  It has a two dimensional
map and casts rays from location where you guy is located until
it hits a wall and then remembers how long it traveled.

Ray-casting is a fairly simple thing, and can be done easily.
There is also a plethora of free information on how it's done
around the net.  Look around and I'm sure you'll find a tutorial
somewhere.  My site doesn't have any, but I can find you some
if you want.

RW

Robin Ward
ro...@videogamedesign.com
Have you been to http://videogamedesign.com yet?
It's all about how great games are made.
Updated just about every day.  Check it out!

Other Threads