How can I detect if a point is inside a polygon (without regions)

How can I detect if a point is inside a polygon?

I have to port the delphi-code to java later, so I can't use the
region-functions!

thanks.

Re:How can I detect if a point is inside a polygon (without regions)

David Br?nnvall wrote in message <7bgsvb$k8...@cubacola.tninet.se>...
>How can I detect if a point is inside a polygon?
>I have to port the delphi-code to java later, so I can't use the
>region-functions!

Take a look at this (non-Delphi) link:
http://exaflop.org/docs/naifgfx/naifpip.html

Find the above link on my (non-Delphi) graphics page Algorithms section:
www.efg2.com/lab/library/graphics.htm

Also, I think there is a description of various point in triangle and point in polygon algorithms in Graphics Gems IV.  Find Amazon
links to the whole Graphics Gems series at
www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/ComputerGraphics.htm

efg
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm