Multiple records on a single form

Hi Delphi programmers in {*word*104}space,

I'm making a database application to store my coin collection.
So, I make a table with fields:
name,
picture,
year, etc.
Then, I would like to create a single form on which i can show e.g. 20
pictures of coins (with TDBImage, at a time, just like in a standard coin
album. Such would implicate to show 20 successive records. All i can make is
a form which shows different fields of one and the same record and then
toggle between records with the navigator bar.
Can someone give my the right tip???????
Many thanks,

Tijmen.

Re:Multiple records on a single form

Use a TDBCtrlGrid. It's like a free form area to place data aware controls
and allows you to display several records in a grid-like atmosphere.

Woody

Tijmen van Voorthuysen <tijmen.vanvoorthuy...@algem.pf.wau.nl> wrote in
message news:7nkirs$57213@forums.borland.com...

> Hi Delphi programmers in {*word*104}space,

> I'm making a database application to store my coin collection.
> So, I make a table with fields:
> name,
> picture,
> year, etc.
> Then, I would like to create a single form on which i can show e.g. 20
> pictures of coins (with TDBImage, at a time, just like in a standard coin
> album. Such would implicate to show 20 successive records. All i can make
is
> a form which shows different fields of one and the same record and then
> toggle between records with the navigator bar.
> Can someone give my the right tip???????
> Many thanks,

> Tijmen.

Re:Multiple records on a single form

Tijmen,

Use the TDBCtrlGrid component (Data Controls panel).  With it, you could
specify to view 20 records at a time in a scroll window.  Just pop the
TDBImage component into the top-most row, and Delphi will do the rest at
run-time.

HTH,

RivendellSoftware

Tijmen van Voorthuysen <tijmen.vanvoorthuy...@algem.pf.wau.nl> wrote in
message news:7nkirs$57213@forums.borland.com...

> Hi Delphi programmers in {*word*104}space,

> I'm making a database application to store my coin collection.
> So, I make a table with fields:
> name,
> picture,
> year, etc.
> Then, I would like to create a single form on which i can show e.g. 20
> pictures of coins (with TDBImage, at a time, just like in a standard coin
> album. Such would implicate to show 20 successive records. All i can make
is
> a form which shows different fields of one and the same record and then
> toggle between records with the navigator bar.
> Can someone give my the right tip???????
> Many thanks,

> Tijmen.

Other Threads