QR -- HELP -- Group Footer Count Expression

It seems that you can only tie a group footer expression (count) to a
SubDetail band on the report but not to a Detail Band. I've got it all
working except for the total. If you tie it to the report, you get a
running
total (I don't want that). Of course the QR Demo neatly avoids this.

I want to do this:

GROUP1
Item1
Item2
Item3
TOTAL FOR GROUP 1:  3

GROUP2
Item1
Item2
TOTAL FOR GROUP 2:  2

Re:QR -- HELP -- Group Footer Count Expression

On 10 Nov 1998 17:14:08 GMT, "Ben Hoffman" <b...@sirs.com> wrote:

>It seems that you can only tie a group footer expression (count) to a
>SubDetail band on the report but not to a Detail Band. I've got it all
>working except for the total. If you tie it to the report, you get a
>running total (I don't want that).

Hi,

Use a TQRExpr. and set its ResetAfterPrint property to true.   This
will clear the count after each Group, giving the result you require.

Regards,
Colin Acheson

Other Threads