Blob Field Problem...

Hi Delphi Gurus,

I want to load an executable file (.EXE) into a Blob field into a table in
Oracle 7.3.2. I have tried using the Database Explorer but with little
success.

Has anybody tried to do this before?

Any and all inputs/suggestions appreciated.

Keshav Deshpande.

Re:Blob Field Problem...

Hi Anuradha.

I use this code to upload blobs to Oracle. The query LiveQuery MUST be
live. Remember to have tablenames in uppercase in your SQL, otherwise
you wont get a live query. Also when you retrieve blobs again, use a
live query set; otherwise blobs are truncated at 64 kb (for me, using
BDE 3.5).

best regards

-- Jan Holst, Denmark

  with LiveQuery do begin
    Open;
    try
      Edit;
      TBlobField(Fields[0]).LoadFromFile('c:\temp\MyAwesomeBLOB.bin');
      Post;
    finally
      Close;

Anuradha K Deshpande wrote:

> Hi Delphi Gurus,

> I want to load an executable file (.EXE) into a Blob field into a table in
> Oracle 7.3.2. I have tried using the Database Explorer but with little
> success.

> Has anybody tried to do this before?

> Any and all inputs/suggestions appreciated.

> Keshav Deshpande.

Other Threads