TCP/IP (RPC) versus TCP/IP (Sockets)

Newbie question:

Why would someone prefer to use TCP/IP (RPC) over TCP/IP (Sockets) or the
reverse?
I run a client soft that has this choice with it's associated server but
there is no documentation about it. Both run just fine.

I wonder if one would be faster that the other? more reliable? ...?

Thanks,
Marc

Re:TCP/IP (RPC) versus TCP/IP (Sockets)

I'd like to know it too ... anyone?
"Marc" <m...@whatever.ca> wrote in message news:3cfd1ac5_1@dnews...
> Newbie question:

> Why would someone prefer to use TCP/IP (RPC) over TCP/IP (Sockets) or the
> reverse?
> I run a client soft that has this choice with it's associated server but
> there is no documentation about it. Both run just fine.

> I wonder if one would be faster that the other? more reliable? ...?

> Thanks,
> Marc

Other Threads