BDE/Oracle 8/Capability not supported

Hi,

I have an app, that updates a database via the bde (5.1). It works well with
Access, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle 7.3, but when I connect to Oracle 8, I get
an error messaget when tryin to update several tables using a transaction.
The code looks like:

TDatabase.StartTransaction;

Table1.Open; (contains 1 row)
Query1.Open;

Table1.Insert;
Query1.Insert;

Query1.Post;   ->  error 'Capability not supported'
Table1.Post;

TDatabase.Commit;

I downloaded the latest oracle 8 bde dll, no luck. Again, this code works
fine on several other dbms'ses and ms access.

Any ideas are welcome.

Best regards, Ronald

Re:BDE/Oracle 8/Capability not supported

Are you sure that the property query1.requestlive is set to true and have
an updateobject attach with the sqlstrings corrects?

Pau.

"Ronald Ruijs" <ru...@rvc-software.com> wrote in news:3c6a2d9a_2@dnews:

> Hi,

> I have an app, that updates a database via the bde (5.1). It works
> well with Access, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle 7.3, but when I connect to
> Oracle 8, I get an error messaget when tryin to update several tables
> using a transaction. The code looks like:

> TDatabase.StartTransaction;

> Table1.Open; (contains 1 row)
> Query1.Open;

> Table1.Insert;
> Query1.Insert;

> Query1.Post;   ->  error 'Capability not supported'
> Table1.Post;

> TDatabase.Commit;

> I downloaded the latest oracle 8 bde dll, no luck. Again, this code
> works fine on several other dbms'ses and ms access.

> Any ideas are welcome.

> Best regards, Ronald

This and other problems may be resolved by setting ROWSET SIZE = 0 in the
BDE native driver configuration.  Check out
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeupdate.html
"The Oracle 8 driver has a new feature where ROWSET SIZE is now
implemented the same as the Oracle 7 driver. See SQLLNK32.HLP for
information on what ROWSET SIZE does. However, ROWSET SIZE has caused
problems for some users. If you encounter a new problem with the BDE
5.1.1 Oracle 8 driver, set ROWSET SIZE to 0 to insure that ROWSET SIZE is
not the problem."

Other Threads