how to access btrieve tables?

Hello

We are a computer science enterprise and we have to recover data
from btrieve tables and we want to save this data in a paradox table.
We have been looking for information to do this and the answer that
we have received is that the solution is the BTRIEVE ODBC DRIVERS for
windows. We have tried to find this drivers for Windows NT,95,98 but we
haven't found anything. Finally we have found that we could find this
drivers in the page www.pervasive.com   but we haven't succeded. Please we
were very pleased if you could send us information about how to get this
drivers and how to access to the tables to save it in Microsoft Access or
Paradox
format.

We will be very please if you could send us information about how can we
access to the btrieve tables  with an Application that works with a
Microsoft operating system (Microsoft Windows NT,95,98) .

Thanks a lot

 EL LADRILLO ROJO S.L.

Re:how to access btrieve tables?

[...]

Look for a third party product called Titan. You can access btrieve tables
in native way

--
Ing. Eduardo Martnez Ocampo
Chief Of Information Systems

Re:how to access btrieve tables?

> from btrieve tables and we want to save this data in a paradox table.
> We have been looking for information to do this and the answer that
> we have received is that the solution is the BTRIEVE ODBC DRIVERS for

I was under the impression that delphi 5 supported BTrieve, well, in any case...

www.reggatta.com has a product, 'Titan', that sells for about $500.  It allows you to access BTrieve tables.  They also sell Titan for Access so you can skip ODBC.  We found one bug in the Access product:  the GotoKey proc behaves like a GOToNearest, that is, it returns true even if the record is not found and the pointer is placed past the actual record you are looking for.

The BTrieve product is OK.  To view/access tables at design time YOU DO NEED the DDF files (DDF Builder by Pervasive, the makers of BTrieve which is a real pain to use).  Titan comes with a utility that creates a resource file based on the ddf.  This allows you to deploy the application without need of .DDF files.

Titan REPLACES Delphi's engine so before you buy it make sure that you can access Paradox and Btrieve tables in the same application/form.  We never mixed BTrieve with other formats like dBase or Paradox.

Another tip:  when you create DDF files, make sure you don't use any path.  The path is saved with the table and it is passed to the resource file.  Once you deploy your application, Titan will be looking for tables in the wrong directory!

If you have more questions, feel free to email me.

Thanks.

Other Threads