invalid transaction handle (expecting explicit transaction start)

I'm experiencing very strange problem. I've created dll for interbase
connection, and in initialization section I've putted DataModule.Create and
OnCreate -> ibDatabase.Connected := True; -> ibTransaction.Connected :=
True. Logically, in finalization section I've tried to put DataModule.Free
and OnDestroy -> ibTransaction.Connected :=
False-> and that is the place where I'm receiving message from subject. D6,
IB 5.6, IBX.

Can somebody help me with these strange problem?

Thanks in advance
Aleksandar

Re:invalid transaction handle (expecting explicit transaction start)

I am not an IBX expert but ..I had this problem

You have not set the properties of the TIBDatabase or TIBtransaction
properly.

Each TIBDatabase must be linked to a TIBTransaction and each TIBtransaction
must have a default database. Depending on the combination of Databases and
transactions you need. One transaction can service mutliple dbs.

Let me know how this goes because I am just copnverting my BDE isapi dlls to
IBX . I have them working but cannot unload the dll or shut down the web
service as if the dll is{*word*154} onto some resource. I have tried closing
all transactions, closing dabases etc but still no luck yet....I have to
cold boot my personal machine & servers.

D6 patch 2, Isapi (this dll webroker), Win98 / Win 2k , PWS / IIS5 , BDE or
IBX.

I will get arounfd to converting my websnap code soon , but I cannot have
this proble , beecause these dlls run at an isp where I cannot reboot the
machines myself.

Dennis Cons.

"Aleksandar Galovic" <agalo...@uns.ns.ac.yu> wrote in message

> I'm experiencing very strange problem. I've created dll for interbase
> connection, and in initialization section I've putted DataModule.Create
and
> OnCreate -> ibDatabase.Connected := True; -> ibTransaction.Connected :=
> True. Logically, in finalization section I've tried to put DataModule.Free
> and OnDestroy -> ibTransaction.Connected :=
> False-> and that is the place where I'm receiving message from subject.
D6,
> IB 5.6, IBX.

> Can somebody help me with these strange problem?

> Thanks in advance
> Aleksandar

Re:invalid transaction handle (expecting explicit transaction start)

Hi Dennis,

> You have not set the properties of the TIBDatabase or TIBtransaction
> properly.

> Each TIBDatabase must be linked to a TIBTransaction and each
TIBtransaction
> must have a default database. Depending on the combination of Databases
and
> transactions you need. One transaction can service mutliple dbs.

I did it exactly as you said, but there is no progress...
The symptoms are same- there is no error message while I'm in debug process,
only when I start exe out of delphi enviroment, there is a message,
something like:
'The instruction at "0x00232e6c" referenced memory at "0x00d02fd8". The
memory couldn't be "read".'
I hope Jeff or Todd are reading this conversation...

> Let me know how this goes because I am just copnverting my BDE isapi dlls
> IBX . I have them working but cannot unload the dll or shut down the web
> service as if the dll is{*word*154} onto some resource. I have tried closing
> all transactions, closing dabases etc but still no luck yet....I have to
> cold boot my personal machine & servers.

I've tried everything also...
I hope we will find something to bypass this annoying situation.

Best regards
Aleksandar

Re:invalid transaction handle (expecting explicit transaction start)

Hi Dennis!

The solution was really trivial.

It only took unchecking optimization in project settings and error-
disappeared.

Hope it helps,
Best regards

Aleksandar

> Hi Dennis,

> > You have not set the properties of the TIBDatabase or TIBtransaction
> > properly.

> > Each TIBDatabase must be linked to a TIBTransaction and each
> TIBtransaction
> > must have a default database. Depending on the combination of Databases
> and
> > transactions you need. One transaction can service mutliple dbs.

> I did it exactly as you said, but there is no progress...
> The symptoms are same- there is no error message while I'm in debug
process,
> only when I start exe out of delphi enviroment, there is a message,
> something like:
> 'The instruction at "0x00232e6c" referenced memory at "0x00d02fd8". The
> memory couldn't be "read".'
> I hope Jeff or Todd are reading this conversation...

> > Let me know how this goes because I am just copnverting my BDE isapi
dlls
> > IBX . I have them working but cannot unload the dll or shut down the web
> > service as if the dll is{*word*154} onto some resource. I have tried
closing
> > all transactions, closing dabases etc but still no luck yet....I have to
> > cold boot my personal machine & servers.

> I've tried everything also...
> I hope we will find something to bypass this annoying situation.

> Best regards
> Aleksandar

Other Threads