Problem with ADO & ACCESS

Hi all,
   I have a little Access Database in one NT WorkStation, but when many
users are connected to the database with ADO Connections the Access
file grow to a huge size like a 500% of the real and the
speed of the transaction is slow, is this normal?, to fix this, I have
to disconnect all users and compact the database from Access.
  The Way than I use to connect is with the Connection String in a
write read mode.

  If any have idea why this happen or need more information let me
know, Any kind of help i will really appreciate.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re:Problem with ADO & ACCESS

This is normal in multi-user MS Access environments.

If you change or delete a record the space is not reclamed for new records
if another user has a read-lock on the table at the same time. This will
result in large databases where almost all space is used by deleted records.
As you already stated, the only way to compact the database is to disconnect
all users and use the CompactDatabase method of JRO.

"Nicolas" <nicolas.izquie...@am.sony.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi all,
>    I have a little Access Database in one NT WorkStation, but when many
> users are connected to the database with ADO Connections the Access
> file grow to a huge size like a 500% of the real and the
> speed of the transaction is slow, is this normal?, to fix this, I have
> to disconnect all users and compact the database from Access.
>   The Way than I use to connect is with the Connection String in a
> write read mode.

>   If any have idea why this happen or need more information let me
> know, Any kind of help i will really appreciate.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Other Threads