EDBEngineError

Hi,
I have downloaded bdeerror.zip from
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/bdeerror.zip
described as
Database error handling example: (Size 11,271 bytes)
This example displays all information from an EDBEngineError or
EDatabaseError exception. The example be easily integrated into
existing database programs by using the dbengine unit included. Also
displays native errors from SQL Servers.

I am using Delphi 3 Prof.

In the declaration
    procedure CreateDBEngineError(E: EDBEngineError);
I get the error 'undeclared identifier EDBEngineError'

The help file states
EDBEngineError is the exception class for Borland Database Engine
errors.
Unit
db
Description
EDBEngineError is raised whenever a BDE error occurs. Its Errors
property contains TDBError objects.

The db is included in the uses clause. I do not understand.
Please help.
Thank you
Johan Smit

Re:EDBEngineError

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:11:52 GMT, smi...@mweb.co.za (Johan Smit)
wrote:

>Hi,
<snip>
>The db is included in the uses clause. I do not understand.
>Please help.
>Thank you
>Johan Smit

Which uses clause? I think it should be in the first one, the
interface section. If it is in the implementation section, you would
get this error.

Dan
--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

Re:EDBEngineError

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:11:52 GMT, smi...@mweb.co.za (Johan Smit) wrote:
>I have downloaded bdeerror.zip from
>http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/bdeerror.zip
>described as
>Database error handling example: (Size 11,271 bytes)
>This example displays all information from an EDBEngineError or
>EDatabaseError exception. The example be easily integrated into
>existing database programs by using the dbengine unit included. Also
>displays native errors from SQL Servers.

>I am using Delphi 3 Prof.

>In the declaration
>    procedure CreateDBEngineError(E: EDBEngineError);
>I get the error 'undeclared identifier EDBEngineError'

>The help file states
>EDBEngineError is the exception class for Borland Database Engine
>errors.
>Unit
>db
>Description
>EDBEngineError is raised whenever a BDE error occurs. Its Errors
>property contains TDBError objects.

>The db is included in the uses clause. I do not understand.

I show the EDBEngineError class as originating in the unit DBTables. Try
including that unit in your Uses section.

                                                              -- Redd Foxx

Re:EDBEngineError

Johan Smit <smi...@mweb.co.za> wrote in message

> In the declaration
>     procedure CreateDBEngineError(E: EDBEngineError);
> I get the error 'undeclared identifier EDBEngineError'

> The help file states
> EDBEngineError is the exception class for Borland Database Engine
> errors.
> Unit
> db

Johan,

Maybe an error in the help file. Try: uses dbtables.

--
Stephen Brown

Other Threads