Freeware DBMS for Non Commercial and Commercial Use

G'Day,

I am looking for a DBMS (ADO/BDE/dbExpress whatever) that is:

- Compiles into EXE
- Can handle largish datasets (~300,000 recs per table)
- Supports SQL (Preferably with Stored Procs)
- Can handle a couple of concurrent users
- Has some form of GUI management tools

Any suggestions welcome.

--
-- Donovan J. Edye
SetiStats - Get your SETI statistics delivered to your mailbox daily.

Re:Freeware DBMS for Non Commercial and Commercial Use

FlashFiller (Free from sourceforge) and Dbisam(small fee) both  fit into the
exe i think ,
Firebird (full dbms that you can ship with a single dll) or for just a
couple of users you could ship access (but i would not recomend it).
My advice pay the cash and get dbisam or deploy the dll and go with
firebird.

"Donovan J. Edye" <dono...@nospam.edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message

> G'Day,

> I am looking for a DBMS (ADO/BDE/dbExpress whatever) that is:

> - Compiles into EXE
> - Can handle largish datasets (~300,000 recs per table)
> - Supports SQL (Preferably with Stored Procs)
> - Can handle a couple of concurrent users
> - Has some form of GUI management tools

> Any suggestions welcome.

> --
> -- Donovan J. Edye
> SetiStats - Get your SETI statistics delivered to your mailbox daily.
> http://www.edye.wattle.id.au/p.php?page=/delphi/setistats

Re:Freeware DBMS for Non Commercial and Commercial Use

Hi

I think DBISAM from Elevate Software is what you are looking for.
Take a look at www.elevatesoftware.com .

They have a trial version you can download and test for free (DBISAM 3).
There is also a public beta version for the new version ( DBISAM 4 ).
Version 3 does not support Stored Procedures but it seems version 4 will
support them.

Fernando Dias
fernandod...@nospam.mail.pt

Other Threads