Paradox Commit/Rollback problems with BDE 5.01

We test the commit and rollback in paradox and we get many different errors.

Is there any restriction by using the commit and rollback on Paradox ??

Can we change the index when we are currently in a transaction ??

Do we need to setup a specific configuration in the BDE Admistrator ??

Can we do a SetRange on a table in the current transaction.  We do want to use the commit/rollback instead of ApplyChanges method.  We do know that the Database must be set to tiDirtyRead for the transisolation property.

In one case during a rollback we get the following exception "Key violation".

We are using Delphi 3.

Code sample:

try
    TDatabase.StartTransaction;

    // We do update many tables and setting new ranges.....

    TDatabase.Commit;
except
    TDatabase.Rollback;
end;

Thanks for helping me.

Patrick Rioux
pri...@videotron.ca

Re:Paradox Commit/Rollback problems with BDE 5.01

>Is there any restriction by using the commit and rollback on Paradox ??

Paradox table transactions are limited to 255 record

>Can we change the index when we are currently in a transaction ??
No

>Do we need to setup a specific configuration in the BDE Admistrator ??
No

>Can we do a SetRange on a table in the current transaction.  We do want to use the commit/rollback instead of ApplyChanges method.  We do know that the Database must be set to tiDirtyRead for the transisolation property.

Not during the transaction
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com