Connect database to LAN

Hi All,

I create an app in Delphi 3 that runs perfectly when the database is on
my c:\ drive.
To connect to a LAN drive, I changed the previous c:\DatabaseName in the
Object Inspector to k:\DatabaseName where the file is located, but the
program gives an error message when it  runs at startup.

Can anyone help?

Re:Connect database to LAN

Perhaps a little more info would help...  what kind of server is this
LAN drive on?  NT?  Novell?

What is the error message?

For what component are you directly setting the drive and directory in
the Object Inspector?  Have you tried setting a BDE alias?

-Peter

>Hi All,

>I create an app in Delphi 3 that runs perfectly when the database is on
>my c:\ drive.
>To connect to a LAN drive, I changed the previous c:\DatabaseName in the
>Object Inspector to k:\DatabaseName where the file is located, but the
>program gives an error message when it  runs at startup.

>Can anyone help?

Re:Connect database to LAN

>I create an app in Delphi 3 that runs perfectly when the database is on
>my c:\ drive.
>To connect to a LAN drive, I changed the previous c:\DatabaseName in the
>Object Inspector to k:\DatabaseName where the file is located, but the
>program gives an error message when it  runs at startup.

If you use TQuery and have added fields to it,
then each TField component has property
(I have forgot the exact name), which remembers
the original path (that is c:\DatabaseName).
Try to delete it.

Konst

Other Threads