Looking for experiences with AccSys package

There's a vendor out there who sells a package called AccSys which apparently
supports the dBase and the Paradox file-formats.  I'd like to know if anyone
has actually used it and what your experiences with it were.

-Mike Robinson
 mi...@sundialservices.com

Re:Looking for experiences with AccSys package

Sundial Services wrote:

> There's a vendor out there who sells a package called AccSys which apparently
> supports the dBase and the Paradox file-formats.  I'd like to know if anyone
> has actually used it and what your experiences with it were.

> -Mike Robinson
>  mi...@sundialservices.com

We had experience with earlier versions. We used Copia's products in
1992 (C version) and found the toolkit to be excellent. At the time
tests rated it as 20 times the speed of Borland's Pdox engine for CPU
bound tasks. We built it into a Pdox Dos system for speeding up
recursive Bill of Materials processing after the a clients IT department
in their wisdom supplied them with 386-SX's. Apart from a few bugs with
the PKIndex function it worked very reliably. We later removed these
modules because a combination of Pdox 4.5 & faster hardware made them
redundant. Some sites where we used it to pick up comms data and write
it direct to Pdox tables have run without problem for many years. Since
then we've used the Borland engine when we needed it.

You might also like to checkup - I'm fairly sure that Microsoft OEM'ed
the Accsys technology in the first release of MS-Access (Pdox drivers).
This indicates something - you can check up on it.

Peter Wachtel
Databars Australia.

Other Threads