RDB & ODBC Driver problems

Has anybody solved the problems with RDB's ODBC-driver? We have tested Paradox for
Windows version 4.5 and all the IDAPI versions after that. Version 2.51 which comes
with Visual dBASE 5.5 is the first one which can get connection to RDB and you can
also browse the tables. But we cannot get an answer to SQL queries. Delphi hangs the
computer, if we try using SQL queries.

I think that the problem is that the RDB's ODBC does not work in the same way as
eg. Intersolve drivers. Is Intersolve writing a driver for RDB and when will it be
ready? Or does anybody have other solutions to this problem.

Thanks

--
Raija Karpola                           |       TIETOV?YL? OY
(90) 681 06 108                         |       Veneentekij?ntie 2

Re:RDB & ODBC Driver problems

In article <811425891...@pines.demon.co.uk>

"John P.McCreesh" <jpmccre...@pines.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <43btbr$...@idefix.eunet.fi>
>            jpii...@tietovayla.fi "Juha Piispa" writes:

>> Has anybody solved the problems with RDB's ODBC-driver?   [snip]

> It works fine for us if we write the SQL directly.  However, any
> attempt to treat an Rdb table in the same way as a local Paradox
> table fails miserably.

Any clue as to when this will be cleared up??  It has been going on since the original
shipment of Delphi and since we are an Rdb shop, it really is a wet blanket for me
to move to Delphi from VB.  I received a message for Dr. Gwen Cornwell of the
University of Florida in May saying that Borland had discovered the problem and was
working on a solution.  I have not heard anything since.

Has anyone else or should I just upgrade to VB4.0??

D.M. (Mike) Mattix
Crop Protection Group of Monsanto
Luling, LA
dmm...@ccmail.monsanto.com

Re:RDB & ODBC Driver problems

In article <43btbr$...@idefix.eunet.fi>
           jpii...@tietovayla.fi "Juha Piispa" writes:

> Has anybody solved the problems with RDB's ODBC-driver?   [snip]

It works fine for us if we write the SQL directly.  However, any
attempt to treat an Rdb table in the same way as a local Paradox
table fails miserably.

John

 John P.McCreesh      |  Internet: jpmccre...@pines.demon.co.uk
 Forbo-Lancaster Ltd. |  X.400:    c=GB,a=CWMAIL,p=FORBO,g=John,s=McCreesh
 Lancaster, England   |  Voice:    +44 (0) 1524 65222  Fax: +44 (0) 1524 61638

Other Threads