MouseMove not working under Win2K...have a fix?

I'm sure this doesn't suprise the seasoned Windows programmers
out there but the MouseMove event is not working under my Win2K
(SP1).  The Shift = (ssShift,ssLeft) doesn't work but Shift =
(ssShift,ssRight) does.

Anybody have a workaround?

Here's some sample code, it works fine under Win98.

procedure TForm1.Panel1MouseMove(Sender: TObject; Shift:
TShiftState;X,  Y: Integer);
begin
  if (ssShift in Shift) then
  begin
    //(ssShift, ssAlt, ssCtrl, ssLeft, ssRight, ssMiddle, ssDouble);
    if (ssLeft in Shift) then
    begin
      Label1.Caption := 'Left Shift Detected';
    end;  //if (ssLeft in Shift) then
    if (ssRight in Shift) then
    begin
      Label1.Caption := 'Right Shift Detected';
    end;
  end;  //if (ssShift in Shift) then
end;