Access Violation c0000005 on Windows 2000

Hi,

i've got the following problem:

my applications crash on Windows 2000 Pro with "Access Violation c0000005"

The apps are compiled with Delphi 5 (english, build 6.18 , Update Pack1)
System config: Windows 2000 Pro [multilanguage edition] (without SP1 yet)

The same apps run without ANY problems on Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.

The problem is very strange: when I open a ComboBox (there are no events on
it, like OnChange or OnCloseUp) the access violation happens. But it doesn't
happen every time, it happens "when it wants to happen" >> there is no
rule... if the access violation happens, Win2000 closes it and then, when i
start it again, it works (doesn't crash)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex

Re:Access Violation c0000005 on Windows 2000

Don''t feal alone, Win2K also causing problems with one of my old 16 bit app.
the Millenium 2K works fine but the Wn2k pro (NT replacement) still has a toon
of problems.
there has been a few cridical updates on that OS..
Alexej wrote:
> Hi,

> i've got the following problem:

> my applications crash on Windows 2000 Pro with "Access Violation c0000005"

> The apps are compiled with Delphi 5 (english, build 6.18 , Update Pack1)
> System config: Windows 2000 Pro [multilanguage edition] (without SP1 yet)

> The same apps run without ANY problems on Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.

> The problem is very strange: when I open a ComboBox (there are no events on
> it, like OnChange or OnCloseUp) the access violation happens. But it doesn't
> happen every time, it happens "when it wants to happen" >> there is no
> rule... if the access violation happens, Win2000 closes it and then, when i
> start it again, it works (doesn't crash)...

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

> Alex

Other Threads