ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

I'm getting the following error inside the 'global.asa' file when I try to
start my ASP application.
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80040154'

    Server.CreateObject Failed

    D:/WIP/BARRIOS/SOURCE/ASP\GLOBAL.ASA, line 4

    Class not registered

The object being created is a MTS COM service. It's using apartment
threading. Th DLL is registered and is also set up inside the MTS
application.

The global.asa file is as follows...

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>

Sub Session_OnStart
set aSessionObj = Server.CreateObject("bpp1bo.PMFSession")   { <=== error
here }
aSessionObj.Start
Response.Cookies("BSessionUID") = aSessionObj.UID
aSessionObj = nothing
End Sub

Sub Session_OnEnd
set aSessionObj = Server.CreateObject("bpp1bo.PMFSession")
aSessionUID = Request.Cookies("BSessionUID")
aSessionObj.FinishByUID(aSessionUID)
aSessionObj = nothing
End Sub

</SCRIPT>

Any idea what might be causing this?

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

If you build a simple Delphi client and call CreateOleObject
('bpp1bo.PMFSession'), does it work?

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"davout" <dav...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3b0445c3_2@dnews...
> I'm getting the following error inside the 'global.asa' file when I try to
> start my ASP application.
>     Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80040154'

>     Server.CreateObject Failed

>     D:/WIP/BARRIOS/SOURCE/ASP\GLOBAL.ASA, line 4

>     Class not registered

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

If I run the MTS object from the Delphi 5 IDE with run parameters of...

        D:\WINNT\system32\dllhost.exe
/ProcessID:{CB839CB2-9023-400F-9667-F7C4BB3B9F2D}

.. and I start the the Delphi 5 client app everything works OK.

But if I run the delphi client app by itself (no Delphi 5 IDE) I get an
error..."server execution failed"

Odd. Any ideas?

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> wrote in message news:3b0493d2$1_2@dnews...
> If you build a simple Delphi client and call CreateOleObject
> ('bpp1bo.PMFSession'), does it work?

> --
> have fun
> Binh Ly
> www.techvanguards.com

> "davout" <dav...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3b0445c3_2@dnews...
> > I'm getting the following error inside the 'global.asa' file when I try
> > start my ASP application.
> >     Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80040154'

> >     Server.CreateObject Failed

> >     D:/WIP/BARRIOS/SOURCE/ASP\GLOBAL.ASA, line 4

> >     Class not registered

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

Looking thru the 'Component Services' application under the 'Console
Root/Event Viewer/System' tree node the app lists an error...

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: DCOM
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 10010
    Date:  18/05/2001
    Time:  06:40:37
    User:  HIGRADE\ianh
    Computer: HIGRADE
        The server {CB839CB2-9023-400F-9667-F7C4BB3B9F2D} did not register
with DCOM within the required timeout.

The GUID is that of the COM+ application.

Any ideas?

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

One other thing to mention...

I'm running Apache web server with the Chilisoft ASP extension. This has
worked fine for all other plain vanilla COM and ASP COM services I've
created so far. It's only with this MTS stuff where things have not worked.

I'm running the Apache server interactively in a DOS box, so could this
problem be something to do with access rights?
If so, where do i check?

Finally, does the location of my ActiveX DLL matter? I have it compiled into
the same path as the source code.

TIA,

            .... davout

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

Don't know about this Apache stuff but I'd get an IIS installation to see
the difference.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"davout" <dav...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:3b04e231$2_2@dnews...
> One other thing to mention...

> I'm running Apache web server with the Chilisoft ASP extension. This has
> worked fine for all other plain vanilla COM and ASP COM services I've
> created so far. It's only with this MTS stuff where things have not
worked.

> I'm running the Apache server interactively in a DOS box, so could this
> problem be something to do with access rights?
> If so, where do i check?

> Finally, does the location of my ActiveX DLL matter? I have it compiled
into
> the same path as the source code.

> TIA,

>             .... davout

Re:ASP error inside GLOBAL.ASA with Server.CreateObject

My guess:
the MTS object implements IObjectControl interface which is not available in
scripting environment,
so you will always get this error massage if you want create MTS object in
ASP, I had the same problems before.

--
PJ

> > One other thing to mention...

> > I'm running Apache web server with the Chilisoft ASP extension. This has
> > worked fine for all other plain vanilla COM and ASP COM services I've
> > created so far. It's only with this MTS stuff where things have not
> worked.

> > I'm running the Apache server interactively in a DOS box, so could this
> > problem be something to do with access rights?
> > If so, where do i check?

> > Finally, does the location of my ActiveX DLL matter? I have it compiled
> into
> > the same path as the source code.

> > TIA,

> >             .... davout