Tracing Whtas going on Inside COM

Dear All,

I have a DCOM Object that suddenly dies on me.! (I have posted some two
times before and people have been very helpful in trying to help me trace
it, but unfortunately the problem still remains).

I compiled the object with Delphi VCL Source code and by setting a
breakpoint in the destroy method am able to trap the destroy command.  But
the Call stack trace is nto able to show where the message is coming from.
Is there any way I can find out what is happening inside COM and why it
thinks that this object is ready to die ?

If somebody could suggest me a method of tracing COM API Calls or what
happens in the sublayer it would be  very very helpful.

Thanks beforehand for any suggestions
Anand

Re:Tracing Whtas going on Inside COM

You can always switch the de{*word*81} to assembly-language mode and then debug
into the COM kenel. I doubt you'll find the answer to your problem that way.
What I'd do is create a simple server and duplicate the problem. And then,
if this is some kind of timing issue, figure out where/how server shutdown
is initiated.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Anand N" <anand_natara...@ewb.com> wrote in message

> Dear All,

> I have a DCOM Object that suddenly dies on me.! (I have posted some two
> times before and people have been very helpful in trying to help me trace
> it, but unfortunately the problem still remains).

> I compiled the object with Delphi VCL Source code and by setting a
> breakpoint in the destroy method am able to trap the destroy command.  But
> the Call stack trace is nto able to show where the message is coming from.
> Is there any way I can find out what is happening inside COM and why it
> thinks that this object is ready to die ?

> If somebody could suggest me a method of tracing COM API Calls or what
> happens in the sublayer it would be  very very helpful.

> Thanks beforehand for any suggestions
> Anand

Other Threads