How to access an action property when the action is owned by an action manager ??

Hello,
I've said evrything in the title...
It seems that I have to access to a specific action by using somethin like
ActionManager1.actions[1].cheked for exemple.
This is bad because the indexes may change when I add new actions... No ?
If the action is called actMyAction... Why is this not available somewhere ?

Those action components are a great idea, but t seems that borland got short
of time...
For the moment, I find it's more a loss of time against the previous
solutions. Bad luck.

There things that I can't do visually ? Like when I want to add a dropdown
button on a toolbarmanager ?
Why is it, that when I drop a categorie on it, it's not creating a drowpdown
button with all the actions attached ? Instead of adding all the actions as
root buttons to the toolbar...

Why is it I cannot cut/copy and paste actions ?

Why is it I cannot copy an action (or drag and drop it) from an actionlist
to an action manager ?

Why is it that when I select a toolbar item on a actiontoolbar, it is
selecting the toolbar itself in the object treeview? This annoys me because
I need to pass trought the actionbars property of the actionmanager to
access them !!

Why is it that when I have my action manager on a datamodule, when I switch
to text mode, the link of the actionbars are lost !!

Why is it I cannot add another component to an actionbar ?? So it will not
be possible to mix buttons and listboxes for example on an actiontoolbar ?
How will I achieve my font selection now ?

Why is t that when I delete an item in an actionbars in the object
ttreeview, the object ttreeview is selecting the last item of the list. this
sucks. Gasp, I could not stop if from comming out.

Why is it that the IDE is very often making access violations when I'm using
the action manager ?

This is what comes out from the last 5 hours coding. It is a real pain to
use those components... I'm disapointed.
To look as bad as the beta versions where looking. Maybe I'm still working
with BT4, hh, if only it was that...

Can someone, at least find a solution to my initial problem ?
I want to check actions in the actionmanager onupdate event...

Thanks for listening, and eventually for helping ;)

John.

Re:How to access an action property when the action is owned by an action manager ??

Why is the actions categories not sorted at runtime...

Why does delphi crash when I add a standard action list, I add more then one
action at a time, work in all case, I get an invalid image size somewhere
and then infinite loop...

I think I could list glitches the whole night :(
Who is using this ?

Why do I constantly get an index list out of bounds when I open and close
the action manager config dialog at runtime...
Ok, enought for now.

John.

"jonx" <kni...@hotmail.com> a crit dans le message news:
3b4f9d7e_2@dnews...

?

> Those action components are a great idea, but t seems that borland got
short
> of time...
> For the moment, I find it's more a loss of time against the previous
> solutions. Bad luck.

> There things that I can't do visually ? Like when I want to add a dropdown
> button on a toolbarmanager ?
> Why is it, that when I drop a categorie on it, it's not creating a
drowpdown
> button with all the actions attached ? Instead of adding all the actions
as
> root buttons to the toolbar...

> Why is it I cannot cut/copy and paste actions ?

> Why is it I cannot copy an action (or drag and drop it) from an actionlist
> to an action manager ?

> Why is it that when I select a toolbar item on a actiontoolbar, it is
> selecting the toolbar itself in the object treeview? This annoys me
because
> I need to pass trought the actionbars property of the actionmanager to
> access them !!

> Why is it that when I have my action manager on a datamodule, when I
switch
> to text mode, the link of the actionbars are lost !!

> Why is it I cannot add another component to an actionbar ?? So it will not
> be possible to mix buttons and listboxes for example on an actiontoolbar ?
> How will I achieve my font selection now ?

> Why is t that when I delete an item in an actionbars in the object
> ttreeview, the object ttreeview is selecting the last item of the list.
this
> sucks. Gasp, I could not stop if from comming out.

> Why is it that the IDE is very often making access violations when I'm
using
> the action manager ?

> This is what comes out from the last 5 hours coding. It is a real pain to
> use those components... I'm disapointed.
> To look as bad as the beta versions where looking. Maybe I'm still working
> with BT4, hh, if only it was that...

> Can someone, at least find a solution to my initial problem ?
> I want to check actions in the actionmanager onupdate event...

> Thanks for listening, and eventually for helping ;)

> John.

Other Threads