DBase languagedrivers of Table and Index do not match

Hi,

I have a DBase table on a shared networkdrive. The table has 2 indexes.
When I run the app on Client A it works perfect.
When I run it on Client B I get the message
    "EDBEngineError at 00069DFE
     Language Drivers for Table and Index do not match. "
I get that error when I start the app, so it won't start.
What's going on? And how to solve it?

TIA,

Alfred.

Re:DBase languagedrivers of Table and Index do not match

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:26:46 +0100, "Alfred ten Hoeve"

<alfred.tenHo...@freeler.nl> wrote:
>I have a DBase table on a shared networkdrive. The table has 2 indexes.
>When I run the app on Client A it works perfect.
>When I run it on Client B I get the message
>    "EDBEngineError at 00069DFE
>     Language Drivers for Table and Index do not match. "

The language driver can be found in the DBF file at offset 29
(counting from 0).  I have not found any documentation on this, but
AFAICS the language driver is also kept in the MDX file.  Here the
offset is 31.

When the byte at offset 29 in the DBF is 00, this indicates that the
default language driver is to be used.  For dBase/DOS this is
automatically the OEM code page.  For the BDE, the default language
driver is taken from the driver settings in the BDE settings (see BDE
Adminstrator).

My assumption is that the default language driver settings in BDEAdmin
are different between the two PCs.

HTH,

Jan

Re:DBase languagedrivers of Table and Index do not match

Thanks Jan,

I'll give it a try.

Alfred.

"Jan Sprengers" <j...@nospamplease.adm2000.be> schreef in bericht

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 01:26:46 +0100, "Alfred ten Hoeve"
> <alfred.tenHo...@freeler.nl> wrote:

> >I have a DBase table on a shared networkdrive. The table has 2 indexes.
> >When I run the app on Client A it works perfect.
> >When I run it on Client B I get the message
> >    "EDBEngineError at 00069DFE
> >     Language Drivers for Table and Index do not match. "

> The language driver can be found in the DBF file at offset 29
> (counting from 0).  I have not found any documentation on this, but
> AFAICS the language driver is also kept in the MDX file.  Here the
> offset is 31.

> When the byte at offset 29 in the DBF is 00, this indicates that the
> default language driver is to be used.  For dBase/DOS this is
> automatically the OEM code page.  For the BDE, the default language
> driver is taken from the driver settings in the BDE settings (see BDE
> Adminstrator).

> My assumption is that the default language driver settings in BDEAdmin
> are different between the two PCs.

> HTH,

> Jan

Other Threads