JPEGs in Paradox tables

Hi,
I am trying to get JPG images into my D5 Pdox table.  BMP files are read
and saved without problem using a TDBImage component.  JPG's load and
display fine in the TDBImage, but are not saved in the DB after posting.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Al

Re:JPEGs in Paradox tables

If you search this newsgroup using deja.com, you should
be able to find JPEG discussed for D3.  I would post it
here for you but there might be a better way for D5 which
I haven't looked at yet.  Its still on my shelf.

"Al Brouillette" <alb...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I am trying to get JPG images into my D5 Pdox table.  BMP files are read
> and saved without problem using a TDBImage component.  JPG's load and
> display fine in the TDBImage, but are not saved in the DB after posting.

> Suggestions?

> Thanks
> Al

Re:JPEGs in Paradox tables

>I am trying to get JPG images into my D5 Pdox table.  BMP files are read
>and saved without problem using a TDBImage component.  JPG's load and
>display fine in the TDBImage, but are not saved in the DB after posting.

Jpegs should not display or save in a Tdbimage.  You need to use a Timage
component to display it  and handle loading the jpeg to the timage and saving
the jpeg image in code .

To save a Jpeg form a file to a blob field use the TblobField.loadFromFile
method

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com