Saving Program Info

I have an application which must know the what the working date was the last
time the application was run.

What is the best way to save the working date and query its value the next
time the program is run?

If the answer is the registry (32 bit app), then is there a reasonably
detailed example somewhere that I can follow?

Thanks

Re:Saving Program Info

What about INI files. You can save the date and time every time you leave an
application
Wojtek Gurgul

Kelley Bonawitz napisa3(a) w wiadomo?ci: <74j64k$9...@forums.borland.com>...

>I have an application which must know the what the working date was the
last
>time the application was run.

>What is the best way to save the working date and query its value the next
>time the program is run?

>If the answer is the registry (32 bit app), then is there a reasonably
>detailed example somewhere that I can follow?

>Thanks

Re:Saving Program Info

The on-line help said with win95/98 that it is preferable to use the
registry.

I don't know why.

Wojtek Gurgul wrote in message <74jcei$9j...@forums.borland.com>...
>What about INI files. You can save the date and time every time you leave
an
>application
>Wojtek Gurgul

Re:Saving Program Info

Altermatives are:

1. Save the information in a database table.
2. Save the information in an INI file using the TINIFile object (see
on-line help).
3. Save the information in the registry using the TRegistry object (see
on-line help).
4. Save the information in a text file using Writeln and Readln.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Saving Program Info

I use INI files. They are very easy to use and don't need much effort to
control them
Wojtek

Kelley Bonawitz napisa3(a) w wiadomo?ci:
<74ju22$a2...@forums.borland.com>...

>The on-line help said with win95/98 that it is preferable to use the
>registry.

>I don't know why.

>Wojtek Gurgul wrote in message <74jcei$9j...@forums.borland.com>...
>>What about INI files. You can save the date and time every time you leave
>an
>>application
>>Wojtek Gurgul

Other Threads