Am I invisible?

I have posted a couple of questions here and have received no responses.
 Would someone respond to this to confirm that I am visible.

Ken Revak
Catalyst Systems

Re:Am I invisible?

We can see you.

There are a number of reasons you don't get answers :

1) We don't know the answer
2) no one else has experience at what you're working at.
3) The question has been answered so many times people get frusterated
answering.
4) The answer is basic enough we all assume someone else will answer it.
5) No one understands the question
6) your title just does not grab people to read the message.  "PLEASE HELP!"
just doesn't do it for me.  I tend to read questions that I feel I can answer,
or are in areas I myself am curious - I'm certain that this is fairly common.

Out of the reasons I've listed, #2, 4 and 6 probably lead to pack for why
questions don't get answered.

Oddly, #1 will tend to generate a lot of discussion, but not necc. a lots of
answers.  It took 6 months for the "blob has been modified" to get answered for
me.

#2 is fairly obvious, when d3 first came out, there was no point in asking
about access and delphi - no one had enough exposure to answer anything.

Hope this helps without being offensive.

- Clinton R. Johnson

Re:Am I invisible?

Ken Revak wrote:

> I have posted a couple of questions here and have received no responses.
>  Would someone respond to this to confirm that I am visible.

I saw your question "where is Peter Blair of Titan" crossposted to two
areas? Sorry, I don't know.
By the way, would you know where is Allan Lochert from QuSoft? We have
been looking for him for about two months now:)

Could it be Bill having something to do with this? Good capable Pascal
hackers just secretly disappear, all around the world.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Am I invisible?

Thanks.

I had just installed NT and all my reinstalled my software and had
suspicions that something was not quite right.  Alas tis I, not the
software.

Ken Revak

Re:Am I invisible?

I just searched the Four11 and WhoWhere directories and found these
entries:

Allan Lochert <al...@fu.oslo.no>
Allan Lochert <al...@qsd.no>
Allan Lochert <al...@qusoft.com>
Allan Lochert <al...@qusoft.no>
Allan Lochert <al...@u9.oslohd.no>
Lochert Allan <al...@u9.oslohd.no>

I tried Peter Blair too, but there were too many entries

HTH

Markku Nevalainen wrote:

> Ken Revak wrote:

> > I have posted a couple of questions here and have received no responses.
> >  Would someone respond to this to confirm that I am visible.

> I saw your question "where is Peter Blair of Titan" crossposted to two
> areas? Sorry, I don't know.
> By the way, would you know where is Allan Lochert from QuSoft? We have
> been looking for him for about two months now:)

> Could it be Bill having something to do with this? Good capable Pascal
> hackers just secretly disappear, all around the world.

> Markku Nevalainen

Russell England
Contract Software Services Ltd
http://www.css2.com

Re:Am I invisible?

Fat fingers are the cause of my problem.

I got fed up with Quickreport and wrote my own reporting
module.

Ken Revak

Other Threads