Need to select a directory in opendialog

I need to select a destination directory for a copy type function.
I was hoping that the opendialog would do this, but dispite a load of
options on the control, I can't see how to do this.
Am I being blind, stupid, or hopeful!

Dodgy.

Re:Need to select a directory in opendialog

if you want to have a directory-browser use
SHBrowseForFolder
it's in shlobj.pas

there are some simple komponets around using this function

i dont know if the function is descibed in the delphi help
(but it is described in the msdn)

Dodgy wrote:

> I need to select a destination directory for a copy type function.
> I was hoping that the opendialog would do this, but dispite a load of
> options on the control, I can't see how to do this.
> Am I being blind, stupid, or hopeful!

> Dodgy.

Re:Need to select a directory in opendialog

Dodgy,

In addition to Robert's solution, you can also use Delphi's
SelectDirectory() function.

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Dodgy wrote:

> I need to select a destination directory for a copy type function.
> I was hoping that the opendialog would do this, but dispite a load of
> options on the control, I can't see how to do this.
> Am I being blind, stupid, or hopeful!

> Dodgy.

Re:Need to select a directory in opendialog

If I remember, the OpenDialog component has a InitialDir property..
Try it !!

Emmanuel

Other Threads