PLEASE help me! Unknown Internal Operating System Error

I am very sorry for asking this, but I really really need some help here...
I have tried everything I can think of short of re-installing windows 95.

I am experiencing a error using cached updates (which of course creates
paradox tables on the fly) with Personal Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows 95B.  The
error occurs when I call MySQuery.ApplyUpdates.  It doesn't happen the first
time I edit the record and call the query's applyupdates, it happens the
second time and then every time after that

        MySQuery.Database.StartTransaction;
        try
          MySQuery.ApplyUpdates; <--- error occurs here
          MySQuery.Database.Commit;
        except
          MySQuery.Database.Rollback;
          raise; {re raise exception to prevent commitupdates}
        end;
        MySQuery.CommitUpdates;
        MySQuery.RefreshQuery;

I get the error:
"Unknown internal operating system error.
Bad file number.
File: C:\Sabre\Del15.mb
Table: C:\Sabre\Del15.mb"

The Query is hooked up to a TUpdateSQL component, but as far as I can tell,
everything I have done is a textbook example of cached updates.

This is NOT over a network.  I have tried increasing
the BDE's MaxFileHandles, and this has not helped.
I have also read the BDE FAQ file
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/qna1338.html
which recommends re-installing the BDE.  I have done this and it hasn't
helped.
I have been using cached updates for 2 years, and have never had this
problem before..

Please, any help or ideas would be appreciated, as this error is crippling
my program and has brought my development to a screeching halt!

Doug White
Onsite Network Systems

Re:PLEASE help me! Unknown Internal Operating System Error

Doug,

I don't want to waste your time with what' probably a red herring, but
I ran into this error 18 months or so ago, after I installed the
Sql-Links that came with  Intrabuilder (normally I use Delphi).

After re-installing the BDE more times than I care to remember, I
finally fixed it by hand-editing the registry to remove every
reference to it I could find, then re-installed the BDE and Delphi.

Cheers, Martyn

Other Threads