Error: "Cannot rename main.pas to main.~pas" ?

I've just upgraded to Delphi5. After opening a project developed with
Delphi4 and making some changes, I tried to save all changes, but got this
error. Same error when I attempt to exit Delphi.

Why would Delphi be trying to rename my main.pas file? It can't do it
because it's stored on a Novell server without long filenames.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Re:Error: "Cannot rename main.pas to main.~pas" ?

In article <85nko3$9a...@bornews.borland.com>, Jack wrote:
> Why would Delphi be trying to rename my main.pas file? It can't do it
> because it's stored on a Novell server without long filenames.

Delphi 5 now stores the backup as .~pas instead of .~pa.

You can turn the option off via Tools | Editor Options | Display

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Re:Error: "Cannot rename main.pas to main.~pas" ?

I just thought I'd
mention that longfilenames is
available as a free download patch to many older
versions of Novell.

"Jack" <illse...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've just upgraded to Delphi5. After opening a project developed with
> Delphi4 and making some changes, I tried to save all changes, but got this
> error. Same error when I attempt to exit Delphi.

> Why would Delphi be trying to rename my main.pas file? It can't do it
> because it's stored on a Novell server without long filenames.

> I'd appreciate any help on this.

Re:Error: "Cannot rename main.pas to main.~pas" ?

Mike,
   Thanks. That was it. Guess  I should do as suggested by Art Begun in next
message and finally load long filenames on my Novell server.
John Aldriedge
Foreign Press Center

******************
Mike Orriss (TeamB) <m...@3kcc.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <85nko3$9a...@bornews.borland.com>, Jack wrote:
> > Why would Delphi be trying to rename my main.pas file? It can't do it
> > because it's stored on a Novell server without long filenames.

> Delphi 5 now stores the backup as .~pas instead of .~pa.

> You can turn the option off via Tools | Editor Options | Display

>  Mike Orriss (TeamB)
>  (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
>  (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Other Threads