TSession.SaveConfigFile & ODBC DNS

Hi,

I'm using TSession.AddAlias and TSession.SaveConfigFile to add an alias.

  SomeStrings.Add('ODBC DNS=SomeODBCLink');
  AddAlias(MyAlias, 'Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver', SomeStrings);
  SaveConfigFile;

On some machines this doesn't work. To be more precise, I get no error
when TSession.SaveConfigFile is called, but the new entry --as seen by
the BDE Administrator-- has no value for ODBC DNS.

What can this be / what am I doing wrong?

Using: D4.03C/S on Win95 and NT4.

Thanks in advance.

Marco Wenneker,
HTA Systems.

Re:TSession.SaveConfigFile & ODBC DNS

Solved it myself!

Article can be deleted!

In article <MPG.117c47851ce36c19989...@forums.inprise.com>,
mwenne...@hta-systems.com says...

> Hi,

> I'm using TSession.AddAlias and TSession.SaveConfigFile to add an alias.

>   SomeStrings.Add('ODBC DNS=SomeODBCLink');
>   AddAlias(MyAlias, 'Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver', SomeStrings);
>   SaveConfigFile;

> On some machines this doesn't work. To be more precise, I get no error
> when TSession.SaveConfigFile is called, but the new entry --as seen by
> the BDE Administrator-- has no value for ODBC DNS.

> What can this be / what am I doing wrong?

> Using: D4.03C/S on Win95 and NT4.

> Thanks in advance.

> Marco Wenneker,
> HTA Systems.