INSTALL SHIELD & BDE - FIX or NO FIX

Hello All,

I recognize all the problems with Install Shield as everyone else.

I went to the Borland/Inprise site and downloaded the new INI files for
Install Shield.

I can create the Install program now!!!!

However, When I install the database, and try to run my software, I get the
$Error $2109, What the hell is $2109.

Where can I get the list of Borland Errors like that?

Also.  I have a product that I'm trying to run without any installations of
any kind.  Can someone tell me the procedures, or files, or show me code on
how to accomplish my own BDE installtions behind the scenes.

Can you please help me out guys,

Thanks.

Louis.

Re:INSTALL SHIELD & BDE - FIX or NO FIX

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:45:10 -0700, "Louis St. Laurent"

<laur...@junctionet.com> wrote:
>However, When I install the database, and try to run my software, I get the
>$Error $2109, What the hell is $2109.

Did you use the PARTIAL or the FULL BDE install? Please use the FULL BDE
install.

Stefan
InstallShield Software Corp.

Re:INSTALL SHIELD & BDE - FIX or NO FIX

The other message regarding 'BDE MERGING' and installshield
above may not be "install shield" but for me it
occurred during an install shield installtion.
Louis St. Laurent wrote in message <74knvm$ai...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hello All,

>I recognize all the problems with Install Shield as everyone else.

>I went to the Borland/Inprise site and downloaded the new INI files for
>Install Shield.

>I can create the Install program now!!!!

>However, When I install the database, and try to run my software, I get the
>$Error $2109, What the hell is $2109.

>Where can I get the list of Borland Errors like that?

>Also.  I have a product that I'm trying to run without any installations of
>any kind.  Can someone tell me the procedures, or files, or show me code on
>how to accomplish my own BDE installtions behind the scenes.

>Can you please help me out guys,

>Thanks.

>Louis.

Re:INSTALL SHIELD & BDE - FIX or NO FIX

$2109 is "cannot load IDAPI dll". See TI3212 at
www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list for a listing of error codes. $2109
means that either the BDE DLL files did not get installed correctly or the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine DLLPath key did not get
created correctly in the registry.

Bill

--
Bill Todd