C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

Hi,
I have this strange problem:
for about 5 years I used Borland C++ 5.02 to develop sw for PC104 boards on
my old desktop PC; now it doesn't compile. The PC is a Pentium 133 MHz (yes!
Pentium One) with Windows 95 and disks are FAT16. Normally I used that PC to
develop on DOS with Windows comfort. I also normally use DOS programs on it
and theay already are ok now.
Anyone can help me?
Best regards,

--
Massimo Manca, Micron Engineering

Re:C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:28:00 +0200, "Micron Engineering" <micro...@tin.it>
wrote:

>I have this strange problem:

That's odd.

>Anyone can help me?

Not without some hints as to what it's doing that it shouldn't,
or isn't doing that it should.

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

Re:C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

Something else is wrong.

On my Pentium I, 133MHz machine running Windows 95 4.00a, the one  with the
FAT16 file system, Borland C++ 5.02 is quite happy to create both DOS and 16
bit Widows programs.  I have created 32 bit Windows programs on it with BC++
5.02 in the past, but now use C++ Buider for that.

.  Ed

> I have this strange problem: for about 5 years
> I used Borland C++ 5.02 to develop sw for
> PC104 boards on my old desktop PC; now it
> doesn't compile. The PC is a Pentium 133 MHz
> (yes! Pentium One) with Windows 95 and disks
> are FAT16. Normally I used that PC to develop
> on DOS with Windows comfort. I also normally
> use DOS programs on it and theay already are
> ok now.

Re:C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

Yes Ed,
I am sure that it have to work (worked for last 5 years) but now it doesn't
work and I can't understand why. More exactly it compiles all files but
linker fails. I controlled linker setup, directory setup and so on and all
seems to be correct. Yesterday before post my message I competely
reinstalled the compiler but nothing changed.
I could try to install the compiler in another PC but it has FAT32 disks
then I think it can't work; in this PC I have also C++ Builder to compile
Windows 32bit programs.

"Ed Mulroy [TeamB]" <e...@mulroy.org> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Something else is wrong.

> On my Pentium I, 133MHz machine running Windows 95 4.00a, the one  with
the
> FAT16 file system, Borland C++ 5.02 is quite happy to create both DOS and
16
> bit Widows programs.  I have created 32 bit Windows programs on it with
BC++
> 5.02 in the past, but now use C++ Buider for that.

> .  Ed

> > I have this strange problem: for about 5 years
> > I used Borland C++ 5.02 to develop sw for
> > PC104 boards on my old desktop PC; now it
> > doesn't compile. The PC is a Pentium 133 MHz
> > (yes! Pentium One) with Windows 95 and disks
> > are FAT16. Normally I used that PC to develop
> > on DOS with Windows comfort. I also normally
> > use DOS programs on it and theay already are
> > ok now.

Re:C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

To be more exact it is the linker that doesn't complete the job. It produces
a 0 bytes length exe. Note that for last 5 years all worked correctly and
yesterday before post my message I reinstalled the compiler.
"Wayne A. King" <wak...@idirect.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:28:00 +0200, "Micron Engineering" <micro...@tin.it>
> wrote:

> >I have this strange problem:

> That's odd.

> >Anyone can help me?

> Not without some hints as to what it's doing that it shouldn't,
> or isn't doing that it should.

> --
> Wayne A. King
> (ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,
>  wak...@idirect.com, Wayne_A_K...@compuserve.com)

Re:C++ 5.02 doesn't compiles DOS target

Hi,
I found the mistake. If you install BC++ 5.02 in c:\Program
Files\Borland\Bc5 the DOS linker (and I suppose some other DOS utilities)
files because a directory name in the path is an extended file name (more
than 8 chars). I tried to install BC++ in c:\Borland\Bc5 and all work
properly now. I will try also in Win98 PC with FAT32 disk that has the same
problem.
Thank to Wayne and Ed for the help.

"Micron Engineering" <micro...@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Hi,
> I have this strange problem:
> for about 5 years I used Borland C++ 5.02 to develop sw for PC104 boards
on
> my old desktop PC; now it doesn't compile. The PC is a Pentium 133 MHz
(yes!
> Pentium One) with Windows 95 and disks are FAT16. Normally I used that PC
> develop on DOS with Windows comfort. I also normally use DOS programs on
it
> and theay already are ok now.
> Anyone can help me?
> Best regards,