Connect to SQL Server using Tcp/ip

I would like to know if somebody has been able to connect to a SQL
Server database from Delphi using TCP/IP. My problem is that I need to
access a host that is only reachable with this protocol ( it's not in my
LAN).
Thanks in advance.

Re:Connect to SQL Server using Tcp/ip

In article <31498DC7.2...@bitmailer.net>, Pedro Garcia Dieguez <pe...@bitmailer.net> wrote:

>I would like to know if somebody has been able to connect to a SQL
>Server database from Delphi using TCP/IP. My problem is that I need to
>access a host that is only reachable with this protocol ( it's not in my
>LAN).

No problem... Just make sure that you put the IP address of your server in the
'Advanced' section of your SQL Client config programme.  Works like a dream
and is lightning fast..
Cheers, Simon

                                  \\/
 _^_                             (o o)                            _^_
(___)-------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------------------------(___)
|   |  Simon Munro                Paradoxical Business Solutions |   |
|   |  Database Development           Johannesburg, South Africa |   |
|   |  si...@paradox.co.za        http://www.ovi.ac.za/paradox/  |   |
|___|____________________________________________________________|___|

Simon Munro wrote:

> In article <31498DC7.2...@bitmailer.net>, Pedro Garcia Dieguez <pe...@bitmailer.net> wrote:
> >I would like to know if somebody has been able to connect to a SQL
> >Server database from Delphi using TCP/IP. My problem is that I need to
> >access a host that is only reachable with this protocol ( it's not in my
> >LAN).

> No problem... Just make sure that you put the IP address of your server in the
> 'Advanced' section of your SQL Client config programme.  Works like a dream
> and is lightning fast..

It might also be possible to connect using named pipes if TCP/IP doesn't fly (I'm
connecting via named pipes through winsock to a SQL Server on the web). Not quite
as fast, though!

--
Grant (Carpenter)
gr...@tiac.net               http://www.tiac.net/users/grant/