sharing violation

Hey !

We are trying to use delphi application using win3.11 client
delphi 1.0 and the application is located in novell server
v 3.12.

The application files are all marked shareable.

When user starts the application he recieves sharing violation
on drive T(the network drive) during the first form display.
if he presses cancel twice' application continues to work fine.

I tried to find the answer on borland site but they only
suggest solution for data base operations.

Can it be that you cant run application from the server ? what
am i doing wrong ??

TIA

shahar

Re:sharing violation

I have just the same problem. It looks like the stream concept (used in
every delphi app) don't work correctly on network.
Just start the app from local drive (it's faster).

Heiko
luet...@sunpool.cs.uni-magdeburg.de

shahar <m...@mail.netvision.net.il> schrieb im Beitrag
<NEWTNews.867147004.203.m...@dialup.netvision.net.il>...

> Hey !

> We are trying to use delphi application using win3.11 client
> delphi 1.0 and the application is located in novell server
> v 3.12.

> The application files are all marked shareable.

> When user starts the application he recieves sharing violation
> on drive T(the network drive) during the first form display.
> if he presses cancel twice' application continues to work fine.

> I tried to find the answer on borland site but they only
> suggest solution for data base operations.

> Can it be that you cant run application from the server ? what
> am i doing wrong ??

> TIA

> shahar

Other Threads