Oracle stored procedure returning a result set

Is it possible for an Oracle stored procedure to return a result set
usable by the TStoredProc component?

Re:Oracle stored procedure returning a result set

Fabio <gor...@mbox.vol.it> wrote:
>Is it possible for an Oracle stored procedure to return a result set
>usable by the TStoredProc component?

From what I know now, it's not possible, because Oracle doesn't
support it. It's possible in Interbase, though.

Marc
Marc Scheuner, marc.scheu...@bernoise.ch    CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland

Re:Oracle stored procedure returning a result set

Ver. 7.3 from Oracle is supposed to support result sets
from stored procedures. However, there are usually ways to
work around this, depending on what you want to do.. But
then I need to know a little about what you want to do..

For instance it is often enough just to built some PL/SQL
functions which then can be used directly in any query,
typically using the columns as parameters..

Fabio <gor...@mbox.vol.it> wrote in article
<32FDB760.4...@mbox.vol.it>...

> Is it possible for an Oracle stored procedure to return a
result set
> usable by the TStoredProc component?

Other Threads