Help: Duplicate resource error

Hi,

This is a D1 problem.

I've got a duplicate resource error in one of my projects from the
linker - and I can't find it. Stop it. I'm 99% sure that there are no
duplicate resources - it compiled fine yesterday!

I've using the rx library to store the position of some forms. I get at
duplicate resource error in rxconst.r16 (where 2 cursors are defined).
So I deleted the two cursor resource. I then got an error in a res file
where I define a cursor, so I removed that cursor, then I got an error
in one of the Delphi res files where some cursors are defined.

So I gave up at this point - it looks like the linker has a problem with
cursor resources in this project.

However I've another project which uses the same code - from the same
files, but puts a different front screen (author and viewer programs),
and this compiles fine.

So I think there must be an error in one of the source files. Any ideas
where to look?

Thanks,

Darryl.

Re:Help: Duplicate resource error

Darryl Gove wrote in message <353F1A46.6...@hotmail.com>...
>I've got a duplicate resource error in one of my projects from the
>linker - and I can't find it. Stop it. I'm 99% sure that there are no
>duplicate resources - it compiled fine yesterday!
>I've using the rx library to store the position of some forms. I get at
>duplicate resource error in rxconst.r16 (where 2 cursors are defined).
>So I deleted the two cursor resource. I then got an error in a res file
>where I define a cursor, so I removed that cursor, then I got an error
>in one of the Delphi res files where some cursors are defined.
>So I gave up at this point - it looks like the linker has a problem
with
>cursor resources in this project.
>However I've another project which uses the same code - from the same
>files, but puts a different front screen (author and viewer programs),
>and this compiles fine.
>So I think there must be an error in one of the source files. Any ideas
>where to look?

Maybe you're issuing {$R MYRES.RES} twice?
Try commenting out all your {$R MYRES.RES} until it compiles. Then start
the Resource Workshop and find out which resources are still left.

HTH

BTW How did you compile the resources? I found a big difference between
using brc or brcc, and using the Resource Workshop (I had problems with
icon resources - posted it a month ago, but still no response :-(
--
Zweitze de Vries
zweitze<at>iname<dot>com

Other Threads