$B800: Error 76 Constant out of range

The base address of the screen $B800 was a useful
feature of Pascal 4.0

Is there any way of modifying the code using
this address in either Pascal 7 or in Delphi ?

Thank you in anticipation

John Cogill

Re:$B800: Error 76 Constant out of range

On Tue, 07 Apr 1998 07:09:03 +1100, Cogil John

<jo...@civeng.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
>The base address of the screen $B800 was a useful
>feature of Pascal 4.0

>Is there any way of modifying the code using
>this address in either Pascal 7 or in Delphi ?

I suppose the screen's address did not change from TP 4.0 to TP 7.0.
In TP/BP 7.0 you may still use $B800 for real mode programs the same
waya you used it in TP 4.0.

In BP 7.0 protected mode programs you may use the predifined variable
SEGB800 instead which contains a selector to the physical address
$B800:0.

What has the topic "Error 76" to do with your question ?

Regards
Horst

 *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Other Threads