Canvas lines disappearing on different video settings

I am drawing lines between 2 different listboxes to show their
connection.  I have an NEC XP21 (21" screen) with the monitor set at
800x600 with large fonts.  I am running WIN 95.  When I switch the
monitor to 1024x768, the lines still display.  However, when the
application is run on another machine, the lines do not display
(MONITOR- Sony 20" at 1024x768) but do display when I change the monitor
to 800x600.  I tested this on 2 machines (Windows 3.11 and WIN 95).

I need this to run on a 1024x768 monitor.  Could this be a video card
problem?  Delphi bug?  Moronic programmer?  I need suggestions because
I'll have to rewrite the whole application if this does not work by
order of the boss.  Heeeeeeelllllllllppppppppp!

Jeff
jkar...@coris.com

Re:Canvas lines disappearing on different video settings

Jeff Kararo wrote:

> I need this to run on a 1024x768 monitor.  Could this be a video card
> problem?  Delphi bug?  Moronic programmer?

Probably a driver problem. Have you tried using a thicker line?
Like two pixels wide instead of one?

M.

--
Martin Larsson, author of several unknown utilities for DOS and Windows.
mailto:martin.lars...@delfi-data.msmail.telemax.no

Jeff Kararo wrote:

> I am drawing lines between 2 different listboxes to show their
> connection.  I have an NEC XP21 (21" screen) with the monitor set at
> 800x600 with large fonts.  I am running WIN 95.  When I switch the
> monitor to 1024x768, the lines still display.  However, when the
> application is run on another machine, the lines do not display
> (MONITOR- Sony 20" at 1024x768) but do display when I change the monitor
> to 800x600.  I tested this on 2 machines (Windows 3.11 and WIN 95).

> I need this to run on a 1024x768 monitor.  Could this be a video card
> problem?  Delphi bug?  Moronic programmer?  I need suggestions because
> I'll have to rewrite the whole application if this does not work by
> order of the boss.  Heeeeeeelllllllllppppppppp!

> Jeff
> jkar...@coris.com

Question have you tried thicker lines. And are the lines black or some
color.  I know when Windows first started that sometimes it converts
colors you give to the closest color it knows and sometimes that color
is the background so... nothing seems to be drawn.

Just two possibilities.

Good Luck

Dave Joyce

Other Threads