TPW 1.5 De{*word*81} under Win95 question

I just installed my old TPW1.5 compiler on my new Win95 OS and when I
ran the de{*word*81} I was presented with a window stating that I needed to
get an update from Borland.  I went to their web site but nothing to be
found.  Does this update exist?  Where can I get a copy
of it?

Thanks!
Bill

Please respond by email to:  wmun...@frontiernet.net

Re:TPW 1.5 De{*word*81} under Win95 question

William Munson wrote:
> I just installed my old TPW1.5 compiler on my new Win95 OS and when I
> ran the de{*word*81} I was presented with a window stating that I needed
> get an update from Borland.  I went to their web site but nothing to
> be
> found.  Does this update exist?  Where can I get a copy
> of it?

> Thanks!
> Bill

> Please respond by email to:  wmun...@frontiernet.net

Hi,   I believe there is an update for the de{*word*81} available at
Borlands site, go to:
http://www.borland.com/patches.htm
and the second patch from the bottom, called: 'Turbo De{*word*81}', is the
one you need, all
instructions on how to use the patch are also in the ZIP file.

Hope this helps.

William Munson wrote:
> I just installed my old TPW1.5 compiler on my new Win95 OS and when I
> ran the de{*word*81} I was presented with a window stating that I needed
> get an update from Borland.  I went to their web site but nothing to
> be
> found.  Does this update exist?  Where can I get a copy
> of it?

> Thanks!
> Bill

> Please respond by email to:  wmun...@frontiernet.net

Hi,
I believe there is an update for the de{*word*81} available at Borlands
site, go to:
http://www.borland.com/patches.htm
and the second patch from the bottom, called: 'Turbo De{*word*81}', is the
one you need, all
instructions on how to use the patch are also in the ZIP file.

Hope this helps.

Re:TPW 1.5 De{*word*81} under Win95 question

I, too, have just had this same problem.  I called Borland's support line
and they indicated that I needed to replace the TDWIN.DLL file with a
later version named TDWINTH.DLL that supports Windows 95.  I would also
have to update the TDW.INI file to point to this new file.  I have been
searching the internet for copy of this file to down load and have not yet
found it.  If you or anyone else can find this file, please email me a
copy or send me the websight address from which I can down load it.
Likewise, if I find it, I'll send you a copy.  I am told that Borland's
C++ has this file, but I don't know anyone who has Borland C++.  Thanks.

Marty Mattlage

William Munson <wmun...@frontiernet.net> wrote:
>I just installed my old TPW1.5 compiler on my new Win95 OS and when I
>ran the de{*word*81} I was presented with a window stating that I needed to
>get an update from Borland.  I went to their web site but nothing to be
>found.  Does this update exist?  Where can I get a copy
>of it?

Find this Files:

TDSVGA.ZIP   Turbo De{*word*81} Patch
W95TPL20.ZIP Long FileName Support

Regard Alex Henriksen
=====================
E-Mail    : ale...@danbbs.dk
Home Page : http://www.danbbs.dk/~alexie
Home Site of BBS Source Code...!!!
Support Site for MAX Graphics..!!!
Support Site for Tornado BBS...!!!
Best Viewed With Explorer 3.02. The FREE One.!!!

Re:TPW 1.5 De{*word*81} under Win95 question

fletc...@southcom.com.au wrote:
->William Munson wrote:

->
->> I just installed my old TPW1.5 compiler on my new Win95 OS and when I
->> ran the de{*word*81} I was presented with a window stating that I needed
->> get an update from Borland.  I went to their web site but nothing to
->> be
->> found.  Does this update exist?  Where can I get a copy
->> of it?
->>
->> Thanks!
->> Bill
->>
->> Please respond by email to:  wmun...@frontiernet.net
->
->Hi,   I believe there is an update for the de{*word*81} available at
->Borlands site, go to:
->http://www.borland.com/patches.htm
->and the second patch from the bottom, called: 'Turbo De{*word*81}', is the
->one you need, all
->instructions on how to use the patch are also in the ZIP file.
->
->Hope this helps.
->

The de{*word*81} (TPW1.5) works under Win95 with a small patch "tdsvga.zip".

It can be found here:
ftp://ftp.borland.com/pub/techinfo/techdocs/other/misc/tdsvga.zip

or use :
http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/ftpsearch
and search for : TDSVGA.ZIP

You can read about how to install it in the readme.
file in the TDSVGA.ZIP archive.

Bjork.

mrmat...@aol.com (Mrmattla) wrote:

[...]

Other Threads