Compiling?

I want to make a program but i want it to be able to patch another EXE
that i made .... like for instance,

client.exe >> patches server.exe so that it will listen on a new port
... or somethin similar to that .... is it called inline compiling or
somethin?  its hard to search for information on somethin when i dont
know what the hell its called!  Thanks .....

[FrEaK]

Re:Compiling?

Store the port value in a ini file, registry file or somewhere else
where the server program can reach the value. Patching another
executable should never be used when simple data values are to be
changed.
--
Lasse V?gs?ther Karlsen
Cintra Software Engineering AS

Re:Compiling?

Oh i know ... that was just an example ... i was just curious as to
what to look for to find information on it

[FrEaK]

>Store the port value in a ini file, registry file or somewhere else
>where the server program can reach the value. Patching another
>executable should never be used when simple data values are to be
>changed.

Other Threads