Intersolv Interbase ODBC + MS OLE DB Provider = Error Occurs ??

Hi there,

  I try to write a sample application using ADO Express to access Interbase.
I create a DSN and use MS OLE DB Provider to connect to it. In my
application, i use ADOConnection and ADOTable, But while i run the
application , edit some data and post it. Program stop and prompt a error
msg "Error occur".

  Could anyone give me some help ??

  Thanks
  Ang Lik Huar

Re:Intersolv Interbase ODBC + MS OLE DB Provider = Error Occurs ??

Try setting localhost: explictily, even if the database will always be
on the local machine. I've found this solves a bunch of problems, at
least when working through IIS/ADO/ODBC.

Good luck,

Marcelo Lopez Ruiz

Ang Lik Huar wrote:
> Hi there,

>   I try to write a sample application using ADO Express to access Interbase.
> I create a DSN and use MS OLE DB Provider to connect to it. In my
> application, i use ADOConnection and ADOTable, But while i run the
> application , edit some data and post it. Program stop and prompt a error
> msg "Error occur".

>   Could anyone give me some help ??

>   Thanks
>   Ang Lik Huar

Re:Intersolv Interbase ODBC + MS OLE DB Provider = Error Occurs ??

I try it already, but the same problem orrcurs.

Is it the problem with the ODBC ??

Regards,
Ang Lik Huar

Marcelo Lopez Ruiz <marcelo.lopezr...@xlnet.com.ar.removelastpart> wrote in
message news:3B4C62E6.1030608@xlnet.com.ar.removelastpart...

> Try setting localhost: explictily, even if the database will always be
> on the local machine. I've found this solves a bunch of problems, at
> least when working through IIS/ADO/ODBC.

> Good luck,

> Marcelo Lopez Ruiz

> Ang Lik Huar wrote:

> > Hi there,

> >   I try to write a sample application using ADO Express to access
Interbase.
> > I create a DSN and use MS OLE DB Provider to connect to it. In my
> > application, i use ADOConnection and ADOTable, But while i run the
> > application , edit some data and post it. Program stop and prompt a
error
> > msg "Error occur".

> >   Could anyone give me some help ??

> >   Thanks
> >   Ang Lik Huar

Re:Intersolv Interbase ODBC + MS OLE DB Provider = Error Occurs ??

To all,

  I switch to Gemini Interbase ODBC driver, and it's work.

  The intersolv driver seems bad.

  BTW, i think the Gemini driver still couldn't handle the multi-join table
data.

  Regards,
  Ang Lik Huar
Ang Lik Huar <an...@asistech.com.sg> wrote in message

> I try it already, but the same problem orrcurs.

> Is it the problem with the ODBC ??

> Regards,
> Ang Lik Huar

> Marcelo Lopez Ruiz <marcelo.lopezr...@xlnet.com.ar.removelastpart> wrote
in
> message news:3B4C62E6.1030608@xlnet.com.ar.removelastpart...
> > Try setting localhost: explictily, even if the database will always be
> > on the local machine. I've found this solves a bunch of problems, at
> > least when working through IIS/ADO/ODBC.

> > Good luck,

> > Marcelo Lopez Ruiz

> > Ang Lik Huar wrote:

> > > Hi there,

> > >   I try to write a sample application using ADO Express to access
> Interbase.
> > > I create a DSN and use MS OLE DB Provider to connect to it. In my
> > > application, i use ADOConnection and ADOTable, But while i run the
> > > application , edit some data and post it. Program stop and prompt a
> error
> > > msg "Error occur".

> > >   Could anyone give me some help ??

> > >   Thanks