Dbase V corruption????

Hi I have a bit of a problem. I have an application written for the Palm
pilot (In Satelite Forms 3.1)  This app uses three dbase tables.   The
source tables that I load into the palm unit are dbase III+, but when I
download the tables from the Palm unit they seem to be Dbase V.  The problem
is when I try to open the downloaded tables with my delphi/DBE application.
The BDE says that the table index/header is corrupted and it refuses to open
it.  I can open the table with MS Excel.  When I do this I can see all the
fields and the data in it. Also I can open the table with VB6.0.

I am using delphi 3 and bde 5.01 and 5.11  I tried both version of the DBE.

What is going on?  What Am I missing?

Any advise will be appreciated
Thanks
Jose R. Nebro
j...@nebro.com

What is going

Re:Dbase V corruption????

Jose R. Nebro (j...@nebro.com) wrote:
: Hi I have a bit of a problem. I have an application written for the Palm
: pilot (In Satelite Forms 3.1)  This app uses three dbase tables.   The
: source tables that I load into the palm unit are dbase III+, but when I
: download the tables from the Palm unit they seem to be Dbase V.  The problem
: is when I try to open the downloaded tables with my delphi/DBE application.
: The BDE says that the table index/header is corrupted and it refuses to open
: it.  I can open the table with MS Excel.  When I do this I can see all the
: fields and the data in it. Also I can open the table with VB6.0.

: I am using delphi 3 and bde 5.01 and 5.11  I tried both version of the DBE.

In the BDE Administrator, select dBASE tables, and set the table level
to "3."  This will tell the BDE to create new tables with minimum level
3; by default it may be set to 5 or so.  If you restructure a table so
that it requires a higher level, most times the BDE will automatically
upgrade the table anyway.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu