Delphi/BDE 16 bit VS 32 bit

Back in 1996, I developed an application using Delphi 1.0 and the 16 bit
DBE. At that time I had to support Windows 3.1.  I'm having a lot of
problems with corrupt indexes and headers and ouright data loss.  I'm
considering converting to Dephi 4.0 and the 32 bit DBE.  Do you developers
out there think that applications compiled with Delphi 4.0 using the 32 bit
DBE are more robust and stable?  Also, is component behavior (with their
idiosyncracies) enough similar so that I would not have to go through a
nit-picking debugging process?  I would appreciate any opinions you may
have.

Thank You

Dan

Re:Delphi/BDE 16 bit VS 32 bit

Dan Sheller wrote:

> Back in 1996, I developed an application using Delphi 1.0 and the 16 bit
> DBE. At that time I had to support Windows 3.1.  I'm having a lot of
> problems with corrupt indexes and headers and ouright data loss.  I'm
> considering converting to Dephi 4.0 and the 32 bit DBE.  Do you developers
> out there think that applications compiled with Delphi 4.0 using the 32 bit
> DBE are more robust and stable?  Also, is component behavior (with their
> idiosyncracies) enough similar so that I would not have to go through a
> nit-picking debugging process?  I would appreciate any opinions you may
> have.

I would recommend that you look elsewhere for the source of the
problem.  It is very likely that what you are omitting can be found by
searching "http://www.dejanews.com" for the keyword "DbiUseIdleTime."

Other Threads