Locate on multiple tables ...

Hi !

I would like to know how to use locate by looking for many fields including
a date field.
I want to search in many tables (a way to set the record cursor at the
right place!) according to a particular date in an another table.

Can someone help me please ?
BTW can someone explain me teh different search options ?

Thanks in advance !
Lina

Re:Locate on multiple tables ...

In article <01bd4bbf$8242e220$da929a8e@default>, Lina Scarpellini
<l...@info-internet.net> writes

>Hi !

>I would like to know how to use locate by looking for many fields including
>a date field.
>I want to search in many tables (a way to set the record cursor at the
>right place!) according to a particular date in an another table.

>Can someone help me please ?
>BTW can someone explain me teh different search options ?

It may be easier to link the tables. In what follows, the table where
the date is given is the master table, and the table in which you are
searching is the detail table.

1. Index the detail table on the date field.
2. Set the 'master table' property of the detail table to the master
table.
3. Set the 'master field' property of the detail table to the date field
in the master table.

The detail table will then display only the records where the date
matches the date in the current master table record.

--
Alistair Wall

Other Threads