TQuery Param Editor for Delphi 1.0

When selecting Define Parameter for TQuery in Delphi 1.0, the Parameter
window comes up but does not allow for parameter entry (fields on window
unenterable).  I want to define the parameter variable used in the
"where" clause in querying my local InterBase table. The variable is
assigned a value in my proc.

When the parameter window is selected for TStoredProc it appears to be
working fine (allows parameter definition).

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Mike

Anyone aware of this bug.

Re:TQuery Param Editor for Delphi 1.0

Michael Starrin <mstar...@crosslink.net> wrote ...

> When selecting Define Parameter for TQuery in Delphi 1.0, the Parameter
> window comes up but does not allow for parameter entry (fields on window
> unenterable).  I want to define the parameter variable used in the
> "where" clause in querying my local InterBase table. The variable is
> assigned a value in my proc.

> When the parameter window is selected for TStoredProc it appears to be
> working fine (allows parameter definition).

> Any Suggestions

> Thanks

> Mike

> Anyone aware of this bug.

I think you may be unaware how parameterized queries work.  First this is
not a bug.  Query parameters are defined by you in the SQL text.  For
example, in the statement

SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE col1 = :parm1

parm1 is the parameter.  Entering a statement with parameters defined in
this manner is the only way to use parameters in a Query component.  You
must enter the SQL text first!

The parameters that appear in Parameters dialog for StoredProc components
are determined by the actual stored procedure definition at the server.

--
Roland Bouchereau

Other Threads