How to find out the Startup Program group?

Hi,

As everyone knows the startup program group has a different name in every
language. And if you are a user of a non-English version of Windows you will
also have noticed that many set-up applications add as startup group that will
not work.

Now is my question is there a way to find out what the real startup group is?

It might be in Delphi or the Delphi Version of Install Shield.

C-ya!

        Arjan
Arjan van de Logt
http://www.worldaccess.nl/~avdlogt
homepage about: music, fantasy, Celts and shareware

Re:How to find out the Startup Program group?

On Mon, 12 May 1997 19:20:57 GMT, avdl...@worldaccess.nl (Arjan)
wrote:

>Now is my question is there a way to find out what the real startup group is?

Hi,

In windows 3.x it is in the PROGMAN.INI file

[settings]
StarUp=STARTUPGROUPNAME...

hope this helps you.

Greetinx

Johan Godfried
e-mail : jo...@jagodfried.demon.nl
for Delphi stuff : del...@jagodfried.demon.nl
homepage : http://www.jagodfried.demon.nl

Arjan wrote:

> As everyone knows the startup program group has a different name in every
> language.
> Now is my question is there a way to find out what the real startup group is?

Use some function from the ShlObj unit:

var
   pidl: PItemIDList;
   path: array[0..MAX_PATH] of char;
begin
   ShGetSpecialFolderLocation(0, CSIDL_STARTUP, pidl);
   ShGetPathFromIDList(pidl, path);
   ShowMessage(path);
end;

---
Peter.

Re:How to find out the Startup Program group?

>In windows 3.x it is in the PROGMAN.INI file

>[settings]
>StarUp=STARTUPGROUPNAME...

...and in Win32 you'll find the location in the registry, under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\She
ll Folders\

The key is called 'StartUp' and its value contains the location, for
example "C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp"

HTH
Jeremy Collins

"There's a cool web of language draws us in,
    Retreat from too much joy or too much fear"
-Robert Graves, 'The Cool Web', 1927

Other Threads