Checking for security device connected to lpt1

Hello.

Can anyone give a clue about how to write code to check for a security
device connected to the parallel port(lpt1)?

Examples in any lang. would be great.

--
Ken Dahle   <kenda...@telepost.no>
'Life Is An Orange!!!'

Re:Checking for security device connected to lpt1

This type of info should come from the device supplier.

John.

In article <316071EA.5...@telepost.no>, Ken Dahle <kenda...@telepost.no> wrote:
> Hello.

> Can anyone give a clue about how to write code to check for a security
> device connected to the parallel port(lpt1)?

> Examples in any lang. would be great.

How about this: (coded in C, probably compatable with C++)

/* Routine to detect security device */
int is_secure (void)
   {
   return 1;      /* Value of true */
   }

It should work in all cases I know about.  If you have a security device,
it will return the value 1 (facsimile of TRUE).  Saves EVERYONE lots of
time!!

:-)

--
Tom Watson