Delphi 1.1?

In his editorial in the Dec/Jan issue of PC Techniques, Jeff Duntemann
mentions Delphi 1.1, a new bug fix upgrade to the 16 bit version of
Delphi. Not only can't I find any mention of this on the CI$ Delphi
Forum or Borland Online, but I got a call from Borland Canada two days
ago telling me about special Xmas pricing for the RAD Pack (honestly,
I'm not making this up), and they didn't mention it.  Anyone here know
anything about it?

Steve Austin
saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca

Re:Delphi 1.1?

saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca (Steve Austin) wrote:

You call Borland sales and ASK for it. It cost $10 and they send you a
CD with the new version on it. This update is a complete delphi system
and is not merely a patch or replacement of a few files.

Good luck.

Re:Delphi 1.1?

Garry,
  Any pointers to what bugs it fixes?  I just (Saturday) purchased Delphi
1.0 and wonder if it's worth plunking down extra $10 to save hassle of
finding bugs. Is there a Delphi bug list around?

Thanks,
  Mike

Michael Deck  **  de...@cleansoft.com               *   Assessment
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.                *    Workshops
Quality Improvement -- Cost Reduction               * Consultation
tel. 303-494-3152  fax. 303-494-3026                *     Training
World-Wide Web http://www.csn.net/~deckm            *  Development

Re:Delphi 1.1?

Hi!

> saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca (Steve Austin) wrote:

> You call Borland sales and ASK for it. It cost $10 and they send you a
> CD with the new version on it. This update is a complete delphi system
> and is not merely a patch or replacement of a few files.

Are you sure there is a 1.1? I have only heard of 1.02 sofar. Thats what the
Borland guys are telling me. Any new information would be helpfull ...

> Good luck.

Bye,

 Rossi

--
Marcus Jacob     Amiga // 3000-25/10              ro...@tindrum.tng.oche.de
                 3.1 \X/  Piccolo-SD64                        PGP available

Re:Delphi 1.1?

Michael Deck <de...@cleansoft.com> wrote:
>Garry,
>  Any pointers to what bugs it fixes?  I just (Saturday) purchased Delphi
>1.0 and wonder if it's worth plunking down extra $10 to save hassle of
>finding bugs. Is there a Delphi bug list around?

You might already have it.

Check the time stamps. The original delphi was 8:00am and 1.1 is
8:02am

Also in the about box, type ALT + VERSION. The original delphi was
1.47.135.0 and 1.1 is 1.47.136.0

To add to the confusion, some people refer to the new version as 1.2
(with 1.1 being 1.0 with the patches).

The original and new CDs are also quite distinctive in their printed
artwork.
==
Bob Small

Re:Delphi 1.1?

I'm confused.

I bought an upgrade in late October, early November from Borland for $10.  The
artwork, and ALL text on the packaging is exactly the same.  I assumed this
is what people are calling 1.02.  I recently read about version 1.1 which I
assumed is different than 1.0 or 1.02.  Unfortunately, my CD ROM broke and
I haven't been able to install my upgrade to determine the version via <ALT>+
VERSION in the About box.  Have there been three versions shipped by Borland,
1.0, 1.02, and 1.1?

Anyone know the whole story?

Lance

In <30d5f556.8410...@news.melbpc.org.au>, r...@melbpc.org.au (Robert Small) writes:

>Michael Deck <de...@cleansoft.com> wrote:

>>Garry,
>>  Any pointers to what bugs it fixes?  I just (Saturday) purchased Delphi
>>1.0 and wonder if it's worth plunking down extra $10 to save hassle of
>>finding bugs. Is there a Delphi bug list around?

>You might already have it.

>Check the time stamps. The original delphi was 8:00am and 1.1 is
>8:02am

>Also in the about box, type ALT + VERSION. The original delphi was
>1.47.135.0 and 1.1 is 1.47.136.0

>To add to the confusion, some people refer to the new version as 1.2
>(with 1.1 being 1.0 with the patches).

>The original and new CDs are also quite distinctive in their printed
>artwork.
>==
>Bob Small

Re:Delphi 1.1?

lhir...@ibm.net wrote:
>I'm confused.

>I bought an upgrade in late October, early November from Borland for $10.  The
>artwork, and ALL text on the packaging is exactly the same.  I assumed this
>is what people are calling 1.02.  I recently read about version 1.1 which I
>assumed is different than 1.0 or 1.02.  Unfortunately, my CD ROM broke and
>I haven't been able to install my upgrade to determine the version via <ALT>+
>VERSION in the About box.  Have there been three versions shipped by Borland,
>1.0, 1.02, and 1.1?

Delphi 1.0
Original Borland CD
Time stamps 8:00am, version 1.47.135.00
On my CD, the title is "Borland Delphi TM for Windows"
The size of the "TM" is the same as the height of the dot in the "i"
of Delphi.

Delphi 1.1
This is taken to be Delphi 1.0 with the Borland patches.
Not all people use this version number.
Delphi Magazine means this combination when they refer to Delphi 1.1

Delphi 1.2
This is also known as Delphi 1.1 by those people who did not
previously use 1.1 to refer to the patched 1.0
I suspect that PC Techniques mean this version when they refer to
Delphi 1.1
This is the Borland upgrade CD.
Time stamps 8:02am, version 1.47.136.00
On my CD, the title is "Borland (R) Delphi TM for Windows"
The (R) is new on this CD.
The size of the "TM" is about half the height of the dot in the "i" of
Delphi.

I can see no difference in the CD packaging.

All of this would be much easier if Borland provided a simple, visual
version identifier, both on the packaging and in the About box.

I purchased the VCL source (on disk) before the announcement of the
upgrade (1.02).
The question as to the availability of an upgraded VCL source (to
match 1.02) remains unresolved.
==
Bob Small

Re:Delphi 1.1?

ga...@athenon.com (Garry Freemyer) wrote:
>saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca (Steve Austin) wrote:

>You call Borland sales and ASK for it. It cost $10...

I guess I'd better clear this up since I started it. Jeff Duntemann's
editorial referred to a Delphi 1.1 Upgrade, not 1.02, which has been
out for a while. There's no mention of it on the CIS Delphi Forum or
the Delphi Web Page, and Borland Canada hasn't heard of it.
Intriguingly, Lance Hirsch (lhir...@ibm.net) in another thread
mentioned seeing a press release about Delphi 1.1.

Anyway, I emailed Jeff Duntemann for clarification. From his reply, I
think he _was_ referring to 1.02, (but even he's not sure).

Steve Austin
saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca

Re:Delphi 1.1?

I believe the press release was actually Jeff's commentary in P.C. Techniques.
I get so many magazines, I forget where I read things.  I assume there is no
version 1.1.

Lance

In <4b9rfl$...@coranto.ucs.mun.ca>, saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca (Steve Austin) writes:

>ga...@athenon.com (Garry Freemyer) wrote:

>>saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca (Steve Austin) wrote:

>>You call Borland sales and ASK for it. It cost $10...

>I guess I'd better clear this up since I started it. Jeff Duntemann's
>editorial referred to a Delphi 1.1 Upgrade, not 1.02, which has been
>out for a while. There's no mention of it on the CIS Delphi Forum or
>the Delphi Web Page, and Borland Canada hasn't heard of it.
>Intriguingly, Lance Hirsch (lhir...@ibm.net) in another thread
>mentioned seeing a press release about Delphi 1.1.

>Anyway, I emailed Jeff Duntemann for clarification. From his reply, I
>think he _was_ referring to 1.02, (but even he's not sure).

>Steve Austin
>saus...@terra.nlnet.nf.ca

Re:Delphi 1.1?

In article <30d74fc8.10776...@news.melbpc.org.au>,

r...@melbpc.org.au (Robert Small) wrote:
> Delphi 1.0
> Original Borland CD
> Time stamps 8:00am, version 1.47.135.00
> On my CD, the title is "Borland Delphi TM for Windows"
> The size of the "TM" is the same as the height of the dot in the "i"
> of Delphi.

> Delphi 1.1
> This is taken to be Delphi 1.0 with the Borland patches.
> Not all people use this version number.
> Delphi Magazine means this combination when they refer to Delphi 1.1

> Delphi 1.2
> This is also known as Delphi 1.1 by those people who did not
> previously use 1.1 to refer to the patched 1.0
> I suspect that PC Techniques mean this version when they refer to
> Delphi 1.1
> This is the Borland upgrade CD.
> Time stamps 8:02am, version 1.47.136.00

You're the first person I've seen mentioning 1.2... Past postings
have exclusively referred to Borland's upgrade as 1.02, which
is 0.08 less than 1.1.

The timestamp for 1.02 is supposed to be 8:02.

Uhm... Merry Christmas everybody!

=\           Q: Where can you get Street Fighting Man, Like A Rolling Stone,
 *=- R.Moberg,  Not Fade Away, Shine A Light, Angie ...and... I'm Free?
=/           A: This and more is on The Rolling Stones' latest CD: stripped!

Re:Delphi 1.1?

>  Any pointers to what bugs it fixes?  I just (Saturday) purchased Delphi
>1.0 and wonder if it's worth plunking down extra $10 to save hassle of
>finding bugs. Is there a Delphi bug list around?

     I don't have it handy, but the $10 is worth it IMHO.

_
Pennsylvania: We need a road dentist. We have road cavities.

|Chad Z. Hower    P...@pobox.com    http://pobox.com/~pbe|
|Independent Consultant     Phoenix Business Enterprises|
|Senior Analyst Programmer   SCB Computer Technology Inc|
|Church Hill, TN                                        |

>>SQUID - The ultimate database reader, and NO limits. #$737961

**Special Compile: 1.033B (Beta)

Other Threads