TCP/IP Program Example Needed

I am currently working on a stock control program which will work on an
Ethernet network using TCP/IP. The network is set up and each computer has a
dedicated TCP/IP address and subnet mask. All computers run Windows 95 and I
am using Delphi 3 C/S.

I need an simple example program which allows the user to use TCP/IP to
connect to another instance of the same program but on another computer
using TCP/IP to transfer the data between them.

Please help since this has been annoying me for weeks. Although I am
experienced in programming Win95, I am relatively new to TCP/IP and it is
giving me a lot of trouble. Even if someone could give me a link to a site
which has an example then that would be most welcome.

Again, please help.

James Duff
IT Dept

Re:TCP/IP Program Example Needed

Check out the DChat Sample program that comes with Dephi 3.  It is an
example of establishing a sockets connection between 2 machines and sending
data.  If you need more than 2 machines connected at once, it would be
advisable to create a host application which handles socket attachment from
multiple machines simultaneously.

--
Randall Hodge
InnovaWorks

The Jaz Man Calleth wrote in message
<6l0isq$qg...@mendelevium.btinternet.com>...

>I am currently working on a stock control program which will work on an
>Ethernet network using TCP/IP. The network is set up and each computer has
>dedicated TCP/IP address and subnet mask. All computers run Windows 95 and
>am using Delphi 3 C/S.

>I need an simple example program which allows the user to use TCP/IP to
>connect to another instance of the same program but on another computer
>using TCP/IP to transfer the data between them.

>Please help since this has been annoying me for weeks. Although I am
>experienced in programming Win95, I am relatively new to TCP/IP and it is
>giving me a lot of trouble. Even if someone could give me a link to a site
>which has an example then that would be most welcome.

>Again, please help.

>James Duff
>IT Dept

Re:TCP/IP Program Example Needed

You might want to use DCOM instead. Delphi makes it very simple to write
Distributed apps.

Brian

Re:TCP/IP Program Example Needed

In stock control, you must be using a sizable database.  Why not use the
BDE to maintain a database, with refreshes performed on a regular basis by
the client machines?  This way you avoid any need for the system to even be
aware of the network, let alone other users.

If you absolutely need to be running client to client communications, pick
up Francois PIETTE's Midware from <francois.pie...@ping.be>.  It is a
superior TCP/IP library with complete Delphi source code.  I took me about
2 days including the learning curve to create the shell of the IP service
for our internal application.

The Jaz Man Calleth <munro.itd...@btinternet.com> wrote in article
<6l0isq$qg...@mendelevium.btinternet.com>...

> I am currently working on a stock control program which will work on an
> Ethernet network using TCP/IP. The network is set up and each computer
has a
> dedicated TCP/IP address and subnet mask. All computers run Windows 95
and I
> am using Delphi 3 C/S.

> I need an simple example program which allows the user to use TCP/IP to
> connect to another instance of the same program but on another computer
> using TCP/IP to transfer the data between them.

> Please help since this has been annoying me for weeks. Although I am
> experienced in programming Win95, I am relatively new to TCP/IP and it is
> giving me a lot of trouble. Even if someone could give me a link to a
site
> which has an example then that would be most welcome.

> Again, please help.

> James Duff
> IT Dept

Other Threads