I have a problem with record lock.

Hi,

I have a problem with record lock. If my program broke down and I
start it again I get en :

        Record locked by another user. Tabel:... User:...

The user is me, but I can not use the database until I have booted my
machine.

Is there a little code pice I can use to UnLock my database??
----------------------------------
Thanks in advance
Kenneth
mailto:b...@technologist.com
---------------------------------

Re:I have a problem with record lock.

Hi,

If you use Paradox Tables delete the Paradox.lck file.
--
Jean-Luc Mattei
jl...@club-internet.fr

Re:I have a problem with record lock.

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:48:13 GMT, b...@technologist.com wrote:

Nope.  The vShare VDX device driver handles windows record locking.
Chances are,  if your application crashes,  vShare didn't know it
needed to release the record lock.  The only way around this is to
reboot your computer (unless you can find an API call for vShare that
I'm unaware of ...)

Good Luck.
D.

>Hi,

>I have a problem with record lock. If my program broke down and I
>start it again I get en :

>    Record locked by another user. Tabel:... User:...

>The user is me, but I can not use the database until I have booted my
>machine.

>Is there a little code pice I can use to UnLock my database??
>Thanks in advance
>Kenneth
>mailto:b...@technologist.com

Other Threads